Insane packet loss.

Tutor

Insane packet loss.

[ Edited ]

I've had latency issues for quite some time, and working with tier II support just leads me to be told that the issue is from my hardware. Running pingplotter, I have a constant 75~85% packetloss on the first hop from my router.

Pingtest shows on average a 0~1% packetloss

Its very noticeable while playing online games at any time of the day, as it causes the latency counter in the game to bounce between 50~600ms on a constant basis on multiple games.

Is there a way I can get any form of assistance in this issue?

Message 1 of 21 (5,411 Views)
Tutor

Re: Insane packet loss.

[ Edited ]

Well disgregarding that, is there anything I can do to fix this? I'd rather not switch my ISP, but if that is the only way to fix this issues, I'll have to do what I have to do.

Message 16 of 21 (5,158 Views)
ACE - Expert

A router may help with this problem, if it is a problem with the NVG 510 handling the routing and NAT load.  Unfortunately, you won't know until you pay your money and you takes your chances.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 21 (5,136 Views)
ACE - Expert

And as far as slow page loading, changing your DNS on your computer may help that as the NVG 510 does seem to be rather sluggish in doing DNS translation.  Having your own router would make it easier to set this DNS setting once on your router and let it hand it out to the other systems (rather than having to configure each individually).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 21 (5,135 Views)
Tutor

Yeah, sadly that didn't work.

I'm just going to have ot switch away from AT&T to another provider.

Message 19 of 21 (5,105 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Sorry to hear that.  Good luck with your new provider.

Message 20 of 21 (5,074 Views)
Contributor

Has this issue been resolved? I live in Orlando, FL and just had uverse installed with the latest router and am experiencing the exact same issue. Is this a router issue (do I just need to find a way to put this into bridge mode and get a real router) or a provider issue (do I need to get a cable modem)? Can these be put into bridge mode? If not...does using a router with a single static IP to handle all the NAT help? These are questions tech support cannot answer that someone here may be able to.

Message 21 of 21 (4,881 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support