For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
West13's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 16th, 2017 9:06 PM

If I cancel my internet service before statement end

If I cancel my internet service before my statement end will my internet go off. And how many days do I have to keep att from going into my bank account for next payment.

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @West13,

Great questions. If you cancel your service, for example, today, service is disconnected today. We can set it up to be canceled for a future date, no later than a week we believe. 

In regards to payment, this depends on your billing date. We recommend checking your billing statements to see when funds were taken to give yourself a better idea. 

Let us know if you need further assistance, here to help. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

The ATT answer above is not true.

I had cancelled my account on March 1, 2017 and returned the router.  AT&T is still billing me.  I called 3 times (almost every 2-3 weeks) to check on the cancellation status, but I was told the account is still active.  I keep receiving statement and email asking me to paid for the next month.  I asked the ATT representative and was told not to pay the next statement.  It's been a month and a half now.  I was charged with late fee and my credit was ruined with lower credit score.  No one from ATT can tell me when they can cancel my account.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@stormwm, ATTU-verseCare published what should happen.  Obviously your account did not follow proper processes.  I'd suggest that you send a Private Message to @ATTU-verseCare with your name, account number and best way and time to contact you and let them get to the bottom of your situation.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

As a customer, I (and I think most customers) don't know what is proper process unless it was mentioned on your web site clearly.  I called the customer service number on my billing statement and was told my service will be cancelled after returning the router. After 1.5 months now and is still billing me.  Please tell me who didn't do the PROPER process here?

Just an update on my issue.

I was asked to send a private message to ATTUverseCare yesterday with my account and contact information.  I did.

I received a reply today and was referred to account/billing team. Then received a message and asked to send my issue and contact information via private message to ATTCustomerCare.  I did.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

Proper procedure is call to cancel.  Cancellation is immediate, or at your requested time.

When you call to cancel, rep will instruct you to return your equipment.

You will return your equipment to a The UPS Store, who will accept it and give you a receipt.

Since your account is already messed up, please contact @ATTU-verseCare.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

I did exactly as you mentioned.

Call Uverse customer service, 1-800-288-2020, put on hold for over an hour including passing to four different reps.

Tell the rep to cancel my service.

I was told to return the router within 10 days to UPS store and got a receipt from UPS.

I did and was confirmed by the ATT rep on my 2nd call.  He also left a voicemail regarding a problem on my account but reminded me not to paid any statement March 1st, 2017.  I kept the voicemail for future use, just in case.

When you mentioned my account was messed up, what did you mean?  I do not have outstanding balance before March 1st, 2017. I don't understand what did you mean by "messed up".  If you can tell it's messed up, will you be able to tell how long will this take to cancel my service/account?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

If your account was not already terminated when you went to The UPS Store to return your device, then your account is "messed up."  Isn't that why you came here and posted in the first place?  Your account is not closed?  "Not messed up" would be closed, effective the date you talked with rep to cancel, prior to you returning the equipment and no subsequent charges on it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.