4mygrls's profile

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

Friday, March 29th, 2013 5:20 PM

I just got an email saying I went over my internet data plan?

I have been with att internet for a very long time and never received an email like this. It said I went over my 150gb data plan? I didn't know I even had a 150gb data plan on my internet dsl service? I have always had unlimited data. I don't understand what this is all about?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@4mygrls wrote:

I have been with att internet for a very long time and never received an email like this. It said I went over my 150gb data plan? I didn't know I even had a 150gb data plan on my internet dsl service? I have always had unlimited data. I don't understand what this is all about?

4mygrls,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have included a link below that will go through ATT's Broadband Usage facts.  Within that page there is a link to check your home broadband usage as well.

Broadband Usage FAQs

James

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

11 years ago

Everytime I try to access the site that shows my data usage, an error msg comes up that says:

(USGP702) We are sorry, but we are unable to display your Internet usage at this time.Please try again later.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Not just you, I get it too.  My thinking is, everyone with DSL internet is getting the message.

I have called about it a couple of times, one which supposedly got escaleted to the next level, whatever that means.

If you look at other related threads, folks have related experiances where, even when they could get ussage reports, at best, they were only approximations, and were basicaly four days old, so not really accurate for what you are at, right now.

Still, better than nothing, which is pretty much what I get right now.

Have heard others say, there are port usage monitoring tools you gan get and use to keep track of how much data you have acutaly used, but apparently, at&t computes usage a bit differantly, so what it reports is always less than at&t's usage records.

In either case, I have no idea what those tools are called and/or where one could get one from

If you look closely at one of the pages about usage, there is fine print that clearly says, it's provided only as a courtasy, is only an approximation, and your actual usage may be differant.

I have seen a couple fonls sugest that sometimes, usage from one month can roll over to the next month, due to the delayed reporting, but take that with a grain of salt.

That is more likly folks confusting their billing dates with their payment dates, or some such. With all the greif AT&T gets from the FCC for actual practises, rolling over usage to a second month would only brng them more greif than it would be worth.

In any case, the usage reporting feature withh have to be fixed eventualy, so just be patient.

And maybe cutting back on watching vidio's and such would not hurt either., Just a though.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

An update: It looks like ATT has turned the usage meter for DSL back on. Now, I can compater what they report to the data usage monitoring program to see how close they report.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.