For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
TomInRedding's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, May 27th, 2017 2:14 PM

I have a sbcglobal.net e-mail address but don't have ATT account, I can't close my e-mail account

I'm caught in a vicious cycle.  I want to close my email account (sbcglobal.net address) but I do not have a ATT account and therefore I cannot close or manage my e-mail account.  I went to my local ATT office and they could not help me because I do not have a ATT account.  All of the on-line help avenues I've sought require a ATT account & passcode.  Can anyone help me?

Tom

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@TomInRedding

Have you visited MyAT&T? you can log in with your sbcglobal email address and manage it from there.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your response. I have gone to my Redding, CA ATT office and
they were unable to close my account for me. I will try again and perhaps
they might be able to help me...

Tom

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@TomInRedding

The local office won't be able to close it for you. you will need to do it from MyAT&T. Have you tried to log in to that? It just requires your sbcglobal email address and password.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Dear ATT - I have no idea who helped me but it worked!  THANK YOU; very much appreciated!!!   TomInRedding

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@TomInRedding

You are welcome. Have a nice weekend.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

THANK YOU, YOU ARE AWESOME

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Sir or Madam - YOU are BRILLIANT!!! (Are you a human...?) I was able to access "myATT" and I believe I've deleted my account. The local ATT representative spent nearly a hour trying to help me delete my e-mail account. But YOU helped me make it happen in a few minutes!

(I sure hope this works so that I don't have to request any more of your time...)

THANK YOU! TomInRedding..

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What a scam! LOL..that CHAT link just takes you to a knowledge base tree, and never give you a live person! ATT is a joke! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a sbcglobal.net account and I am not able to get in it bc I forgot my password.. I don't want to close it please help me

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am also caught in a vicious cycle - I can't delete my old sbcglobal.net account.  When I log in to My AT&T and go to Profile - User Information my account status is "Active" but there is no delete option.  On chat there is no email option and I don't have an account number for phone support. Please help - thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.