Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: I have a sbcglobal.net e-mail address but don't have ATT account, I can't close my e-mail accoun

Teacher

I have a sbcglobal.net e-mail address but don't have ATT account, I can't close my e-mail account

I'm caught in a vicious cycle.  I want to close my email account (sbcglobal.net address) but I do not have a ATT account and therefore I cannot close or manage my e-mail account.  I went to my local ATT office and they could not help me because I do not have a ATT account.  All of the on-line help avenues I've sought require a ATT account & passcode.  Can anyone help me?

Tom

Message 1 of 11
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎06-06-2017 10:42 AM

Re: I have a sbcglobal.net e-mail address but don't have ATT account, I can't close my e-mail accoun

@TomInRedding

Have you visited MyAT&T? you can log in with your sbcglobal email address and manage it from there.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Teacher

Thank you for your response. I have gone to my Redding, CA ATT office and
they were unable to close my account for me. I will try again and perhaps
they might be able to help me...

Tom
Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Community Support

@TomInRedding

The local office won't be able to close it for you. you will need to do it from MyAT&T. Have you tried to log in to that? It just requires your sbcglobal email address and password.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 11
Teacher

Dear ATT - I have no idea who helped me but it worked!  THANK YOU; very much appreciated!!!   TomInRedding

Message 5 of 11
Community Support

@TomInRedding

You are welcome. Have a nice weekend.

AT&T Customer Care

Message 6 of 11
Teacher

THANK YOU, YOU ARE AWESOME

Message 7 of 11
Teacher

Sir or Madam - YOU are BRILLIANT!!! (Are you a human...?) I was able to access "myATT" and I believe I've deleted my account. The local ATT representative spent nearly a hour trying to help me delete my e-mail account. But YOU helped me make it happen in a few minutes!

(I sure hope this works so that I don't have to request any more of your time...)

THANK YOU! TomInRedding..
Message 8 of 11
Contributor

What a scam! LOL..that CHAT link just takes you to a knowledge base tree, and never give you a live person! ATT is a joke! 

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

I have a sbcglobal.net account and I am not able to get in it bc I forgot my password.. I don't want to close it please help me

Message 10 of 11
Contributor

I am also caught in a vicious cycle - I can't delete my old sbcglobal.net account.  When I log in to My AT&T and go to Profile - User Information my account status is "Active" but there is no delete option.  On chat there is no email option and I don't have an account number for phone support. Please help - thank you!

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support