I have a rather strange problem.

I have a rather strange problem.

When I run "Check Connection", I get:

Notice the IP test failed, yet I can still connect to websites and download files.  POP Peeper is unable to check my mail tho.

I'm running Firefox 27.0 beta on Windows XP Pro w/ SP3. My modem is a Netgear 6200,.

Message 1 of 3 (1,026 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnrsellers
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: I have a rather strange problem.

If this is what you're seeing under Details (screnshot below), your modem support IPv6 format and checks for available IPv6 tunnel, but your DSL service doesn't support IPv6, so it fails. This is the information I gathered online, I'm not sure if it's related to POP Peeper issue, but general advice I see is to ignore failed test result.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (975 Views)

Re: I have a rather strange problem.

Ok.

Incidently,  Preferred protocol is set to IPv4 (default).

Message 3 of 3 (969 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support