Helpful Links

I assumed my old DSL was canceled ! I am not paying for DSL I could not connect with.

Highlighted
Contributor

I assumed my old DSL was canceled ! I am not paying for DSL I could not connect with.

What do I have to do to get free of ATT ? I ported my home phone number to my boost cell phone so I would not need to change my contact number with everyone I have given it to over the last 10 years with ATT.  That was fine, no problem. But my DSL was under that account number. And I was told I could not keep the DSL without the home phone and I had to upgrade to u-verse Internet. Not happy! - but OK I did that.

The problem is they are still charging me for the old DSL. I assumed that when I ported the phone number and could no longer use the old DSL and had to upgrade to u-verse that the old DSL was canceled along with the phone line. Why would I want to pay for DSL I can no longer use?

I spent two and a half hours on the phone (most of that time on hold) getting transferred from one department to the other and back six times before I had to give up because I had more important things to do. And never got anything solved.

I later tried the online chat with about the same results. Another 45 minutes wasted.

I just cant seem to get free of ATT. I canceled the home phone because the cost just

kept creeping up month after month and the customer service sucks. Now I just got sucked into a one year contract with u-verse.

If I cant resolve this problem by the end of the week I am calling the better business people and the consumer protection agency. And I am not paying my INCORRECT final home phone bill.

And when this new u-verse contract is up I will be done with ATT  FOREVER !

And I will tell everyone I know for the rest of my life to stay far away from ATT.

I have paid my bill on time for better than ten years and this is how it ends?    

Message 1 of 3
Community Manager

Re: I assumed my old DSL was canceled ! I am not paying for DSL I could not connect with.

Hello @cbgreenbay 

I'm very sorry for the billing issue with your old service, our team will be happy to help you with that. Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: I assumed my old DSL was canceled ! I am not paying for DSL I could not connect with.

Same thing has happened to me and the customer service rep I spoke to also said not to pay my bill, but my wireless bill is included. Also my first U-verse bill was way higher than the $24.99 plus eqipment charge they promised. Also I have heard nothing and can find nothing on the website about my $100 rebate card. This is such a big hassle that I just want fixed!

Dan

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support