cthorne_1's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 7th, 2019 2:23 AM

How do I keep my sbcglobal.net email?

I currently have my tv, internet and home phone bundled into a uverse package. I also have att wireless separate from the uverse package. My email is thru sbcglobal.net.

I am moving. Uverse is not available in my new area & att cell coverage is very, very weak.

I need to switch to other providers for internet, tv, home phone & mobile phone.

What do I need to do to retain my email? Will I still have all of its functionality?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Your account number is a 9-digit number which should be associated with your uverse account.  Your pin is a 4-digit number that was created when you originally created the account.  Have you never talked to billing or even tech support where they asked you for this info to identify you?  The account number should be on your bill.  The pin you are expected to "know".  I assume it was on the original paper work.  How does support or billing or whatever identify you are you now when you call them?  If it's not an account number and pin, then just make sure you save that information.

Yes, you can change your password through your myAT&T.  You certainly have to do that to change your security questions and contact info (address, recovery email).  But you can change your password without logging in there by using Forgot ID/Password.   It will accept your security questions, or recovery email address, or a snail mail address to send a temp password.  I don't know if you can get into your myAT&T after no longer being a paying customer.  This is why I recommended recording your questions and answers now while you still can since IMO that the easiest to use with Forgot ID/Password.  As for a recovery email address that should always be set to some other email address even when you are a customer.  I cannot understand why people make it the same as the email address they may have to use to recover sometime in the future.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

You don't lose your your current att email address and sub-accounts when you cancel service. But I recommend you make sure you keep a record of your 4-digit account pin, account number, your security questions, and make sure the recovery email address is pointing at a valid email address (preferably not an att address). These things make it less of a hassle in the future if you have to contact att support if there are email problems, for example if problems arise like having trouble changing your password.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

How would I change things like reset my password? Right now, changing things such as the password are done through myAtt website, but if I cancel my att services, I lose access to myAtt account, right?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

What account number and pin number do I need to retain? Currently I have an account for uverse and a separate account for my wireless account. How can I verify that I’m retaining the needed account info?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for all the great info.

I appreciate your effort and time spent explaining it to me.

I apologize for being a little dense on the subject.

You have helped me a great deal.  My wife, who also has an sbcglobal.net email account, and I are grateful for the help. I hope we can follow your recomendations for a smooth transition.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.