erick_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 8:36 PM

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm having the same issue of hacked ATT/Yahoo! account.   Unfortunately the password changer tool cannot be modified and it's resending a temporary password to an old .....@worldnet.att.net address I haven't used for 10+ years!

H E L P 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm still looking for an answer to your same question and apparently there is none.  Someone obviously hacked my Yahoo email account and changed my password.  So I click on "Forgot password?" and it takes me to AT&T passoword reset screen, which forwards a temp passord to an old hotmail account which has been disabled.  Yahoo "password helper" function is of no help with this problem, and AT&T just maintains they have nothing to do with Yahoo email accounts.  There is no Yahoo support that I can find anywhere to reset my email password and reclaim my account.  I'm amazed in this day and age there is absolutely no solution to this problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had the same issue and just got my password reset. I called 866-790-1150. The rep activated my old att (which was actually flash.net) account and then I was able to login (at att.com, personal) using my current yahoo email user id and temp password (which she gave me on the phone) and reset my password. Give it a shot.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@sivanata wrote:

I had the same issue and just got my password reset. I called 866-790-1150. The rep activated my old att (which was actually flash.net) account and then I was able to login (at att.com, personal) using my current yahoo email user id and temp password (which she gave me on the phone) and reset my password. Give it a shot.

You don't say who gave you that number to call but you should Google it.  It seems somewhat suspect.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, if you google that 800 number, it's definitely suspect.  I'm increasingly frustrated as it appears I've been hacked, yet I can't change the password or shut down the account. And this thread got closed out by someone at AT&T saying the problem is solved.  It's not. 

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

As folks can still post to a topic thread that was origional opened in late 2013, it is obviously not closed out, or no one would be able to post to it.

And, to be fair, the solution marked is the official steps to change your password, with the version of the web based e-mail program, at that time.

As it is now three years later, and the client program has been modified (more than once) the actual steps might have changed, just a little.

If you click on settings, and pay attention to the options (like for instance, picking profile or account information.. sorry, I forget which) changing ones e-mail account password should be relatively painless to figure out.

Still instructions and help should be available, if needed.

(Granted, this is assuming the yahoo e-mail servers are working correctly. Unexpected and internittent random glitches are unpredictable, and can make normal opertaion... "interesting"...

Good luck.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@monkeyboymama   You have to change your ATT account online password to change ATT/Yahoo password, they are linked. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I don't have an AT&T email account. I've not had an att.com or att.net or uverse.net account.  

That's the point.  I had this yahoo email prior to AT&T purchasing yahoo.  I logged to my AT&T account that only exists because I have a wireless phone through them, but that doesn't allow me to change my password on YAHOO email. So how would it be linked to an at&t email account when I never had one to begin with? 

This is the error I get when trying to change my password through yahoo account settings: 

error1.JPG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Ok so im trying to change my dads yahoo password for him becausr it was hacked. It redirects us to the att website and we long in with his old sbc global.net account.... then we go to change this accounts password because thats how everyone says to change the linked yahoo accounts password but it does not work it only changes the sbc global account. The yahoo account remains unchanged! Ive done it 10 times still nothing!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

@Fritzrobert wrote:
Ok so im trying to change my dads yahoo password for him becausr it was hacked. It redirects us to the att website and we long in with his old sbc global.net account.... then we go to change this accounts password because thats how everyone says to change the linked yahoo accounts password but it does not work it only changes the sbc global account. The yahoo account remains unchanged! Ive done it 10 times still nothing!

This could be my issue too.  We did have a sbcglobal account  several years ago. Curious to see if yours ever resolves.  I'll have dig back deep to see if I can find the sbcglobal account information and see if I can login that way and try what you tried.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.