Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

Mentor

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 102
Contributor

Re: How do I change my Yahoo email password?

I attest the same frustration for years now and then my iPhones could somehow sync a yahoo/or att password for me due to the iPhone service. (still unsure how that process works) now I'm a Android user and I want back my account. I had yahoo prior to the merger. I think I'm in the right place can I be help educate? Me
Message 16 of 102
Professor

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@monkeyboymama   Get human has one, can't post it here. Smiley Wink

Chris

Okay, now I am curious, Chris...   why can't we post the number?

Granted, for whatever reason, Yahoo does not seem to want to privide it, but that is not the same as the number being a secret, or anything.

Intreresting.. just as a lark, I tried get human, and even they say, Yahoo does not seem to have a working customer support phone number.   Weird.. but they do privide steps you can use to TRY and get your issue responded to. (Note: I did NOT say "fixed")

Here is the link on get human for yahoo, if you want to try your luck.

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Yahoo

I have no clue if the numbers listed in this link are for real or not.. use them at own risk:

http://www.800-numbers.net/yahoo/

Message 17 of 102
Contributor

I need to change my yahoo acccount password because it has been hacked and it seems that it is linked to an ATT account which I no longer have. Please help!!!! I will need to close my yahoo account if I do not resolve this issue. I've tried for days now to fix this and no luck. Thank you

Message 18 of 102
Highlighted

This is NOT solved. It is not an AT&T email. It's a yahoo email PRIOR to the AT&T purchase that none of us can change passwords on the account. Someone else stated to contact yahoo email support.  It doesn't exist  or at least there is not a posted number anywhere (have searched like crazy) 

One person on this thread has been hacked and can't do anything about it. This is insane.  Someone please help us! 

Message 19 of 102
Contributor

Changing my AT&T account has never changed my YAHOO password. SO, now that my YAHOO account has been hacked and I need to change the password, what do I do?

This is a fiasco.  Someone needs to fix it so people can change their YAHOO password without so much rigamarole. 

I've been a FAITHFUL AT&T customer for years, although right now because of the riduculous "promo" options not offered to faithful customers, my sister has the UVERSE in her name and I have the wireless accounts.  

This YAHOO thing though is enough to drive me nuts. And I'm an Ed Tech instructor.

Glenda

Message 20 of 102
Contributor

Ok,  here is my situation as of today, I had ATT DSL and then wireless few years ago and just like everyone else my yahoo e_mail account was merged with AT&T.  And I was never able to change my e_mail password because AT&T only have my old account information which was no longer valid and onlt AT&T can update it.  Bad enough last week I got hacked by some malware that stole my password and sending spam emails to all my contacts plus some additional ones on their list.  I used top three virus, malware scanners can't find anything. Then I relaized that my e_mail password are hacked.  Thus, I have to call AT&T for help, I was lucky enough to call 1-877-312-5550 and a lady is able to help me out(yes, I beg nicely), I just went straight to her on the things that I have tried and provided her all the old account information(yes, I still have it) and she was able to verify that I am me and send me a temporary password so I can reset it myself and she is also nice enough to update my old account information so I can do it myself 30 days later(I don't know why but my guess is it has to do with yahoo's online site) in case the same bad thing happen again.

I guess I am the lucky one able to reset my password from my old sbcglobal.net accout that also reset my yahoo account.  Just one small thing I remember for people said that they reset their sbcglobal password but can't login to yahoo mail, you might want to refresh your browser, I got it working after refresh the web site second time.

Message 21 of 102
Contributor

I'm having the same issue of hacked ATT/Yahoo! account.   Unfortunately the password changer tool cannot be modified and it's resending a temporary password to an old .....@worldnet.att.net address I haven't used for 10+ years!

H E L P 

Message 22 of 102
Contributor

I'm still looking for an answer to your same question and apparently there is none.  Someone obviously hacked my Yahoo email account and changed my password.  So I click on "Forgot password?" and it takes me to AT&T passoword reset screen, which forwards a temp passord to an old hotmail account which has been disabled.  Yahoo "password helper" function is of no help with this problem, and AT&T just maintains they have nothing to do with Yahoo email accounts.  There is no Yahoo support that I can find anywhere to reset my email password and reclaim my account.  I'm amazed in this day and age there is absolutely no solution to this problem.

Message 23 of 102
Contributor

I had the same issue and just got my password reset. I called 866-790-1150. The rep activated my old att (which was actually flash.net) account and then I was able to login (at att.com, personal) using my current yahoo email user id and temp password (which she gave me on the phone) and reset my password. Give it a shot.

Message 24 of 102
ACE - Expert

@sivanata wrote:

I had the same issue and just got my password reset. I called 866-790-1150. The rep activated my old att (which was actually flash.net) account and then I was able to login (at att.com, personal) using my current yahoo email user id and temp password (which she gave me on the phone) and reset my password. Give it a shot.

You don't say who gave you that number to call but you should Google it.  It seems somewhat suspect.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 25 of 102

Yes, if you google that 800 number, it's definitely suspect.  I'm increasingly frustrated as it appears I've been hacked, yet I can't change the password or shut down the account. And this thread got closed out by someone at AT&T saying the problem is solved.  It's not. 

Message 26 of 102
Professor

As folks can still post to a topic thread that was origional opened in late 2013, it is obviously not closed out, or no one would be able to post to it.

And, to be fair, the solution marked is the official steps to change your password, with the version of the web based e-mail program, at that time.

As it is now three years later, and the client program has been modified (more than once) the actual steps might have changed, just a little.

If you click on settings, and pay attention to the options (like for instance, picking profile or account information.. sorry, I forget which) changing ones e-mail account password should be relatively painless to figure out.

Still instructions and help should be available, if needed.

(Granted, this is assuming the yahoo e-mail servers are working correctly. Unexpected and internittent random glitches are unpredictable, and can make normal opertaion... "interesting"...

Good luck.

Message 27 of 102
Expert

@monkeyboymama   You have to change your ATT account online password to change ATT/Yahoo password, they are linked. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 28 of 102

I don't have an AT&T email account. I've not had an att.com or att.net or uverse.net account.  

That's the point.  I had this yahoo email prior to AT&T purchasing yahoo.  I logged to my AT&T account that only exists because I have a wireless phone through them, but that doesn't allow me to change my password on YAHOO email. So how would it be linked to an at&t email account when I never had one to begin with? 

This is the error I get when trying to change my password through yahoo account settings: 

error1.JPG

Message 29 of 102
Contributor

Ok so im trying to change my dads yahoo password for him becausr it was hacked. It redirects us to the att website and we long in with his old sbc global.net account.... then we go to change this accounts password because thats how everyone says to change the linked yahoo accounts password but it does not work it only changes the sbc global account. The yahoo account remains unchanged! Ive done it 10 times still nothing!
Message 30 of 102
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support