Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Hoax? Internet Deal for $45/mo, plus $7/mo for TV and even $250 rewards card

Tutor

Hoax? Internet Deal for $45/mo, plus $7/mo for TV and even $250 rewards card

I am on the AT&T website. I clicked Shop- U-Verse- Offers and inserted my address. It shows me deal saying: Add TV to Internet (18Mbps and up) for only an extra $7/mo. Includes free installation and a $250 Reward Card. Call [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] to order.

Below it shows 18 Mbps for $52/mo. I called a month and set up this plan. Then a bill came for $40 for Internet, $40 for TV and no rewards card. I spent hours over the past week talking to AT&T reps. They denied this plan existed. I sent screenshots. I simply want my bill to reflect what I had signed up for. 

They refuse to give it to me. In fact they want me to pay $200 to get out of a contract for a plan I didn't even want. I want the deal online. Is this plan a hoax? Has anyone successfully received this plan? 

Message 1 of 19
ACE - Expert

Re: Hoax? Internet Deal for $45/mo, plus $7/mo for TV and even $250 rewards card

Never heard of that one and the phone number you list is not the 'regular' ATT phone number.

Would you care to share the screenshot?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 19
ACE - Expert

Re: Hoax? Internet Deal for $45/mo, plus $7/mo for TV and even $250 rewards card

Like skeeterintexas, I've never heard of such a plan.  It's a too-good-to-be-true sounding plan.  The fact that they told you to call rather than sign up on the website makes me doubtful that it was actually the AT&T web site, but instead a reseller, because AT&T wants to avoid having to pay for an order taker   Also, that phone number doesn't show up in any online searches, even for disreputable, but authorized, AT&T resellers.

I think you've been had by somebody, but likely not AT&T.  You can try contacting ATTCustomerCare to let them know about your situation and register a complaint against that reseller (in the event they were an authorized reseller).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 19
ACE - Expert

@Rose008 Have you tried calling[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] back?  I'd be curious how they answer the phone.

Message 4 of 19
Tutor

Message 5 of 19
Tutor

I called that number to set up the plan. I received a bill from AT&T directly and an AT&T rep came to my place for installation. Since the plan is listed on an AT&T site, I'd say I was dealing the company directly. If they are paying the employee that answers the phone, I see no way to pass the blame.

Message 6 of 19
Employee

Could you post the link to the website?

There are resellers of Uverse, below is such a link, notice upper left corner clearly states reseller not ATT direct.

http://www.attinternetservice.com/?s_clid=c8167b43d6d943dbac2a9fd4622fa4fa&gclid=CO-Q25Kx9ssCFQqsaQo...

And following is link to current Uverse promotion thru the company website....

https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/offerdetails.html

Edit: for Rewards you have to have service 30+ days, go to the Reward Center site to redeem your reward, shipped in a few weeks.... For most they receive their reward in about 10 weeks after installation......

Reward Card redemption required. Reward Card delivered within 3–4 weeks after completion of your 30-day service requirement. Card expires at month-end, 3 months after issuance. No cash access. For cardholder agreement, go to rewardcenter.att.com/myreward/agreementFSV.pdf. Reward Card issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to license from Visa U.S.A. Inc

.**AT&T VISA® Reward Card offer: New or current residential customers who bundle eligible new U-verse Internet and enroll in combined billing on a single AT&T bill will receive one (1) $100 Reward Card. Bundles with new or existing TV service may require qualifying TV package. Eligible new Internet service must remain active and in good standing for 30 days. 12-month agreement required for Internet. Reward Card(s): Redemption required. Delivered within 3–4 weeks after completion of your 30-day service requirement. Card expires at month-end, 3 months after issuance. No cash access. For cardholder agreement, go torewardcenter.att.com/myreward/agreementFSV.pdf. Reward Card issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Offer ends April 13, 2016.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 19
Tutor

This is the website:

https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/offers.html?alt_ineligible_page=OFP

It is clearly not a reseller. It is the real AT&T website. 

I have private messaged AT&T Social Care who were nice but couldn't help. The last message said: I sent an escalation ticket to add this promotion and they returned it. This is an online promotion only so you will need to contact the Webb Assist Department at 877-267-2230.  

We have called multiple times and AT&T employees say they will call back and never do. 

We originally called AT&T, said we wanted the deal, they agreed, set up a contract, and then gave us another plan entirely and charged us more money than we wanted. I still have no resolution to this. I am extremely dissatisfied. 

Message 8 of 19
Tutor

I also don't know why they keep censoring the phone number. It is posted on the AT&T site as a promotion. It is not a private number. 

Message 9 of 19
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@Rose008 wrote:

This is the website:

https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/offers.html?alt_ineligible_page=OFP

It is clearly not a reseller. It is the real AT&T website. 

I have private messaged AT&T Social Care who were nice but couldn't help. The last message said: I sent an escalation ticket to add this promotion and they returned it. This is an online promotion only so you will need to contact the Webb Assist Department at 877-267-2230.  

We have called multiple times and AT&T employees say they will call back and never do. 

We originally called AT&T, said we wanted the deal, they agreed, set up a contract, and then gave us another plan entirely and charged us more money than we wanted. I still have no resolution to this. I am extremely dissatisfied. 

4_21_16.JPG

The above capture is what is showing on the link provided.  I don't see anything about $45 internet and $7 TV.   There are other bundles but all more expensive than these 3.

Message 10 of 19
Tutor

I believe it depends on your address. Mine shows something different. I have posted screen shots before but they get censored so here's goes nothing. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.14.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.14.18 PM.png

I am not lying about the deal so I think we should move on from that point. I am typically a very rational, calm person but after a month of dealing with this AT&T issue I'm becoming defensive. The point is AT&T has very poor customer service. I shouldn't have to call over 10 times and still have no resolution. In fact, I should never be told by a company I'm paying that they will call back and never call back. 

Message 11 of 19
Employee

unfortunatily my address shows same offer as skeeter...

Your screen shot is for internet only not bundle pricing screenshot.....

Also the fact your address does not list speeds faster than 18M suggest long loop length.

The screen shot you posted does not say which package but at that price ($7) suspect it was Ubasic (normally $19 a month, local channels, no DVR, no HD, single tv.). Ubasic (as a standalone) is a billable $99 install.

Also if it was an online promotion only your statement....

"We originally called AT&T, said we wanted the deal, they agreed, set up a contract, and then gave us another plan entirely and charged us more money than we wanted. I still have no resolution to this. I am extremely dissatisfied"

Plan Could not have been honored as calling cannot receive online promotion. Receive promotion sales can offer. 

Your current promotion ($40 tv/$40 internet) sounds as if it is the $80 all in of ufamily with elite 6 internet not Max Plus 18. The $80 all in is up to (4) TVs (included instead of $10 extra for each receiver over DVR) and the Elite internet.... Again no HD as this is $10 extra.

On the all in packages the early termination fee is $180 per service or bundle would be $360 reduced by $15 per month per service.

PS.... If want to sent me a private message with a near address for your location I would like to see what the details are.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 19
Tutor

If it is an online only deal, why does it say to call 877-267-2230 to order? That was the number called to set up the plan and now they don't have a satisfactory answer for why our contract was changed.

Message 13 of 19
Scholar

Wow talk about variation in pricing...for my area 

they are charging 

37$/mo for 3/1 

42$/mo for 6/1 

47$/mo for 12/1

Seems to be a joke, and that doesn't include the 7$/mo modem gateway rental fee. 

Message 14 of 19
Employee

No, the prices posted are what I expect, new customer $17 off list plus $7 for gateway.....

Pro 3 list $47, -17 promo $30

Elite 6 list $52, -17 promo $35

The unusual is Max Plus 18, lists at $62 with $17 off promo should be $45 but showing at $52 or only $10 off new customer.... BUT the TV offer is only on higher Max Plus for $7.

If this offer is for Ubasic as I suspect for $7 now looking at 52+7 for $59.

The list prices of $62+$19=$81 so only getting $22 off total plus would have gateway fee $7 + local broadcast fee of $4.99 so (52+7)+7+4.99=$70.99 plus taxes/fees.

Message 15 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support