Rose008's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, April 4th, 2016 11:45 PM

Hoax? Internet Deal for $45/mo, plus $7/mo for TV and even $250 rewards card

I am on the AT&T website. I clicked Shop- U-Verse- Offers and inserted my address. It shows me deal saying: Add TV to Internet (18Mbps and up) for only an extra $7/mo. Includes free installation and a $250 Reward Card. Call [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] to order.

Below it shows 18 Mbps for $52/mo. I called a month and set up this plan. Then a bill came for $40 for Internet, $40 for TV and no rewards card. I spent hours over the past week talking to AT&T reps. They denied this plan existed. I sent screenshots. I simply want my bill to reflect what I had signed up for. 

They refuse to give it to me. In fact they want me to pay $200 to get out of a contract for a plan I didn't even want. I want the deal online. Is this plan a hoax? Has anyone successfully received this plan? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Never heard of that one and the phone number you list is not the 'regular' ATT phone number.

Would you care to share the screenshot?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

Like skeeterintexas, I've never heard of such a plan.  It's a too-good-to-be-true sounding plan.  The fact that they told you to call rather than sign up on the website makes me doubtful that it was actually the AT&T web site, but instead a reseller, because AT&T wants to avoid having to pay for an order taker   Also, that phone number doesn't show up in any online searches, even for disreputable, but authorized, AT&T resellers.

I think you've been had by somebody, but likely not AT&T.  You can try contacting ATTCustomerCare to let them know about your situation and register a complaint against that reseller (in the event they were an authorized reseller).

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Rose008 Have you tried calling[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] back?  I'd be curious how they answer the phone.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I called that number to set up the plan. I received a bill from AT&T directly and an AT&T rep came to my place for installation. Since the plan is listed on an AT&T site, I'd say I was dealing the company directly. If they are paying the employee that answers the phone, I see no way to pass the blame.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

This is the website:

https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/offers.html?alt_ineligible_page=OFP

It is clearly not a reseller. It is the real AT&T website. 

I have private messaged AT&T Social Care who were nice but couldn't help. The last message said: I sent an escalation ticket to add this promotion and they returned it. This is an online promotion only so you will need to contact the Webb Assist Department at 877-267-2230.  

We have called multiple times and AT&T employees say they will call back and never do. 

We originally called AT&T, said we wanted the deal, they agreed, set up a contract, and then gave us another plan entirely and charged us more money than we wanted. I still have no resolution to this. I am extremely dissatisfied. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I also don't know why they keep censoring the phone number. It is posted on the AT&T site as a promotion. It is not a private number. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Rose008 wrote:

This is the website:

https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/offers.html?alt_ineligible_page=OFP

It is clearly not a reseller. It is the real AT&T website. 

I have private messaged AT&T Social Care who were nice but couldn't help. The last message said: I sent an escalation ticket to add this promotion and they returned it. This is an online promotion only so you will need to contact the Webb Assist Department at 877-267-2230.  

We have called multiple times and AT&T employees say they will call back and never do. 

We originally called AT&T, said we wanted the deal, they agreed, set up a contract, and then gave us another plan entirely and charged us more money than we wanted. I still have no resolution to this. I am extremely dissatisfied. 

4_21_16.JPG

The above capture is what is showing on the link provided.  I don't see anything about $45 internet and $7 TV.   There are other bundles but all more expensive than these 3.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I believe it depends on your address. Mine shows something different. I have posted screen shots before but they get censored so here's goes nothing. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.14.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.14.18 PM.png

I am not lying about the deal so I think we should move on from that point. I am typically a very rational, calm person but after a month of dealing with this AT&T issue I'm becoming defensive. The point is AT&T has very poor customer service. I shouldn't have to call over 10 times and still have no resolution. In fact, I should never be told by a company I'm paying that they will call back and never call back. 

2 Attachments

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

If it is an online only deal, why does it say to call 877-267-2230 to order? That was the number called to set up the plan and now they don't have a satisfactory answer for why our contract was changed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.