For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bingram's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 11:04 PM

Getting on the data network with my phone and filtering via thru to my laptop.

Can I get on the data network from my phone while this is on, (Bluetooth, or NFC connected between both devices) and to filter thru to my laptop vs. going onto the internet by Wi-Fi.  My laptop has only Wi-Fi, which is the only way to go on the internet.  The purpose of my question is since some of my friends and relatives don't have Wi-Fi. I only need to have data network for one week (do not want to pay for another data service, along with a hotspot device either). Already paying for Unlimited Service + Data. I'm thinking there has to be another way, yes, or no? Do any of you have any ideas?

Employee

• 

540 Messages

7 years ago

I don't understand your question exactly.

If you're asking if you can pass your cell data into your laptop to browse the internet etc, then yes. It's called tethering.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the response! Yes, so I'm thinking that this is the only way to do this?

Employee

• 

540 Messages

7 years ago

Depends on what phone you're using. There is tethering then there is hot spots. Both pass data to other devices.

I have only really tethered with my Google Nexus 5 via the micro USB to USB cable into my laptop when I go out of town.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.