missmightyfish's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 13th, 2014 6:19 AM

Closed

Getting charged for cancelled service!

Dear ATT,

I cancelled my service with you in June and received a confirmation number.  Obviously it's to confirm that the workers don't do their work.  How is it that I am still being billed for July and August when I no longer have your service?  Deceitful? Yes! 

Look at your message board at how many people are still getting charged after cancelling service.  You're trying to make money off of people probably through their automatic payments.  Or you are unfairly reporting people to the credit bureau for not paying.  Both of which are not our faults as the consumer.

I need to bill you for the extra time it's going to take me to contact your billing department to get this rectified.  I will assume I will receive another confirmation number which may or may not do anything.  This is the very reason I left!  I was tired of being on the phone for 30-60 minutes only to not have my issue resolved and to have more issues.  I should be charging you for my time because I should be done with ATT, but I'm not. 

Contact me and get this solved.  It shouldn't be my issue, and I expect a credit for the extra time I have to spend on this issue.  Plus I had horrible Internet service, but it was better to deal with spotty internet rather than calling and having my issues become worse.

Angela

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I also spent hours on the phone with customer service. I finally asked where I can write in my complaint and they gave me a PO BOX address. So therefor I capsule not use a mail service wher they have to sign for so I know they received the mail and my complaint. I thought I should record my conversation with att just to later call in and see if notations were ever made and anything discussed was followed through on. This is not a frivolous amount and money we are talking about. This is amounting to the thousands now at this point to only get worse and worse. I agree that the customer service is not solid. Some people nice, but to not be able to find accountability in the end from ATT is very upsetting. Now I need to spend more hours to resolve my problem but I am left with no choice than to use small claims court. That way the hours I spend to gather information names receipts of my daughter having a phone sold to her unauthorized, and representatives names, I hope my case will be solid and I will be more assured of an actual resolution. The hours on the phone amounts to nothing. Trust me, I would have swithched services long ago, but we are locked into contracts! Wish me luck to anyone reading this. Sound like you know as well as me that the accountability scale for this company is zero.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have same problem I canseled At&t service on the end of March and still being charged every month.When I get a bill I spend about two hours on the phone trying to resolve the problem,every month they say I owe nothing they apologize but next month I will get a bill again.Every month my bill is growing.I was At&t customer for 15 years I had to cancel because of customer service.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines.]

• 

44 Messages

7 years ago

Due to the age of the OP, this topic has been closed to new replies. If you wish to discuss a similar issue, then please post a new message on the board that best matches the subject that you wish to discuss. Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.