For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
foldingcranes87's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 25th, 2018 4:08 AM

Extremely poor experience trying to get internet installed - waited 10 hours and no one showed up!

I was trying to email AT&T about this, but there is no way to do that, so here is my experience for everyone to read and hopefully someone at AT&T sees this.

I called AT&T to get internet installed in my apartment.  They gave me one option, which was the 50mb Fiber Internet.  They said the earliest they could do install was a week and half from that day.  That was a really long time to begin with.  But Charter had come over and said it would be all this work to install a cable, and I needed to get written permission from my landlord to drill through walls.  Fiber sounded like it would be easier.  So I said OK.  They told me someone would be here between 8am-noon on May 23rd.  I thought that window was also a very large window, but I said OK.  I got written permission from my landlord to drill through walls in case they needed to.

On the 23rd, I took the morning off of work and was hoping they'd come and get things going sooner rather than later so I could go to work in the afternoon.  No one showed up at 8.  Or 9.  Or 10.  Or 11.  It was rounding on noon, and I got a text that said they might not make it there by noon.  OK.  I already took the time off work and I'm home and waiting, so I kept waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting.  Around 2 I texted back to ask what the status was and what was going on.  They told me technicians were running behind due to a high volume of work and they were not able to track my technician/give me any estimate whatsoever of when they would be there.  So I kept waiting.  And waiting.  At this point I had to miss the entire day of work.  Finally at SIX PM I got on the online chat via the website, since I didn't even know how late they installed internet.  They told me technicians were behind due to a high volume of work.  OK BUT IS ANYONE COMING?  It turns out no one was coming, and no one had informed me of this.  Twice I had contacted them and they had no answers for me.  They offered to reschedule my install for JUNE 4TH.  Like no way, I just lost an entire day of work, and I spent TEN HOURS waiting for someone who was NEVER COMING.

I was not offered any kind of compensation or a solution in any way, just, "I'm sorry," and repeated offers to do install on June 4th.  So I STILL don't have internet, and I'm going to have to get Charter to come back out after all of this.  And I just wanted AT&T to know that this is the terrible experience I had and now I have to tell everyone to avoid them.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.