Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Equipment fee

Mentor

Equipment fee

I was never notified of a "Receiver Fee" charge. I have been looking at my bill for the past several days trying to figure out why, with the exception of the 2 pay per view movies I rented, my bill was so much higher. After comparing this month's to previous month's bills, I found that I have incurred a new "Receiver Fee". I suspect they started doing this effective June 14th because they seemed to have back billed for a prorated amount of $6.00 for June as well as $10.00 for July. I previously dropped their U-verse 400 service to 200 because it was too overpriced. I guess it may be time to drop AT&T altogether, and switch to Hulu!

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎07-16-2018 4:44 AM

Re: Equipment fee

You changed your package, U400 is a very old grandfathered package that may have included the receiver on previous billing.

The package has been U450 since at least 2012.

Changing package brings you to current pricing levels and standards. Receivers are $10 beyond the free DVR.

ATT owns 10% of Hulu

Comcast owns 30% by owning NBCUversal

Disney owns 30%

21st Century Fox owns 30%

If Disney completes purchase of Fox, will be majority owner at 60%

Edit...  From fine print on current promotions.... 

Exclusions: Price excludes applicable use tax expense surcharge on retail value of installation, custom installation, equip upgrades/add-ons (each add ’l receiver $10/mo) & other charges, including Broadcast Fee (up to $5.99/mo), a federal regulatory video cost recovery chrg and city video cost recovery fees. Credit restr’s apply. Different offers may apply for eligible multi-dwelling unit customers. Pricing, programming, features subj to change at any time without notice. Subject to AT&T U-verse TV Terms of Service (at att.com/legal).

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support