Sblanchat's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 15th, 2016 3:50 AM

Email password yahoo

I do not have an att account but I have a yahoo email account. How do I change the password to my account & why is this so complicated to do?!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

Actually, while a little confusing, should not be hard at all: Log into your yahoo account.. hover your cursor over your profile picture.... clicking on account info should open a new page.....about 7 or so lines down is an entry marked "change your password".

Should be self explanitary from there.

Good luck.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I too had the same exact problem that is described here.

My password change would only work for sbcglobal.net on att.com.

But my old password would work at mail.yahoo.com because i was unable to change the password for my yahoo.com  account.  This was so frustrating!!!

Here is the solution i found.  I hope this helps.

1. Go to yahoo.com
  2. Click on "sign in"
  3. Type your yahoo.com login and hit next
  4. Click on "forgot password"
  5. Always use your yahoo.com login everytime it asks.
  6. You will be sent to att.com "Forget ID/Password"
  7. Enter your yahoo.com email address and last name in the fields provided
  8. A window will pop up that says: "The User ID information you've provided is associated with multiple accounts".   Make sure to choose AccessID
  9. Verify that the phone number that att will text temporary password to you is correct.
  10. Click continue and check your cell phone for temp password
  11. Follow rest of directions and create a new password.
  12. You should not NOT be able to sign in to yahoo with your old password.

I guess the key to all this is to make sure you are using your yahoo ID through the whole process even though the system is really eventually changing the password on your ATT account.  This worked for me and i can no longer access my email with either yahoo or sbcglobal login using old password at mail.yahoo.com.

Interestingly though, my cellphone can still access my email using the old password.  I don't understand that.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

What if you forgot your Yahoo password and don't have an ATT account? It's asking for my ATT login to resety Yahoo mail password.... This is so frustrating

Scholar

• 

428 Messages

8 years ago

Same issue here. ATT could not help me. I'm locked out of my yahoo mail. I log into my att account but it won't let me change my yahoo mail password, just ATT account. ATT can you help?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm in the same boat here. I can change my AT&T email but it doesn't probagate to the yahoo account. What is the best way to approach this? BTW it isn't simple.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

8 years ago

I was sucessfully logged in to my yahoo email acct and participating in a yahoo group when I found I was logged out. I immediately logged in again, or should say I tried to do so only to find my user name and password did not match. The password was three letters followed by 4 numbers, not used anywhere else for anything. So I figured I needed to change it only to discover that two things occurred to prevent it. Who ever changed it went in my yahoo profile and altered both the recue email address AND the phone number. 

There rem seems to be no remedy plus I can't even delete the account. 

I tried using sing different devices - two tablets, iPhone and laptop and I took my iPad to Starbucks to use wifi there. Nothing worked but at the same time I was able to log into my sbc email just fine. 

Any ideas?

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

8 years ago

With the news about Verizon acquiring Yahoo, what in the world is going to happen with ATT's relationship to Yahoo email?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

@sgmorr wrote:

With the news about Verizon acquiring Yahoo, what in the world is going to happen with ATT's relationship to Yahoo email?

Please keep in mind, I am another user sharing at bestr, his personal guess.. might be right, could be tottaly wrong:

I am basing this largely one what happened after the ATT aquisition of Direcvt. 

Verizon will allow the dust to settle first and allow yahoo to run as it has been, BUT, hopefully, will insist on the tech guys stepping in, and actually doing their jobs to address issues customers (the guys who are paying them indirectly to provide quality e-mail service for ATT and other business partners()

The parts of Yahoo verizon was mainly interest in, are the ones they can intergrate into their aol platform. (heck, maybe even improve it.)

The e-mail services where simply added to sweeten the deal, but will mostly be allowed to run as the have been, even though verizon and att are technically rivals.

The bulk of att's service provided by yahoo were supposed to ber migrated over to synacore, and to be honest, I have not heard anthing about that in the news lately.

ATT and verizon are competitors, but I doubt the big v is petty enougfh to interfere with Yahoo's e-mail service. (ATT's in particular.)

My main hope is, now that the deal is done, they will crack down on e-mail customer service once again, now that it is no longer in a state of flux.

I could go on, but that is the jist of my speculation on the merger.

Just hope I am right.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

He is what happened to me and I know the Password!!!!

Spoke to Jill that informed me that my account was hooked up to a DSL account, and I need to provide an old phone number. I provided Jill with the only phone number I have had, and they could not pull up any information and said the number was incorrect. I asked to speak to her supervisor Brian and explained to him I never had a DSL account, and the only number that I have has is the one I provided to Jill. He told me to go back to the ATT website and try logging in there. I explained to him I had done this already, and the above message and phone are what I received. I let him know that the account was a Yahoo account, and the one that was attached to was also a yahoo account, and I asked if he can help me that I want to speak to his manager, and he would not transfer me unless he verified my account, but that was the reason why I wanted him to transfer me because he could not help!  He also said that he could send me to another department that they will charge me to get my account unlocked. Not sure why I would have to pay money.

The weird thing is I read somewhere that the reason the accounts are getting locked is that it's owned by a new company from Yahoo to ATT. I asked Jill that information and she said she could not provide the reason on why the account was locked. Now that raises red flags in my book.  

I also know my password I can just provide them with it why is that not enough to unlock an account????????

Thanks,

Kristina

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

Okay, just so I can understand what is going on here, @KristinaAnd, is the account you are trying to access, one not for an active ATT customer? If it is inactive, it is in what they call, "free" status, and the company rule is, they can't provide you with any live person tech support. (And, they should have told you as much, when you called.)

Yahoo took full day to day operation of ATT's e-mail service in oct. 2015., and other than being able to do a modest password reset on the account, and even that is rare, without the asker being able to provide proof of ownership of the account, Yahoo is the only one who can provide customer support. (Ironically, Yahoo's customer support is hard to find a link for as well.)

Generaly, the only time, and the only reason ATT would have, to lock an account is if the person has not paid their bill. (Or not paid their outstanding bill.)

Verizon did buy yahoo, including it's e-mail services.

However, it will be months before they make any significant changes to it. The e-mail services are done on contract, and verizon has to honour those contracts.

Not a clue if att's contract is for a specific period of time, or if it is effectivly indefinate.

In any case, they would have no interest in altering individual customers accounts.

Now, the service has been flacky due to the uncertainty of who might be the actual buyer, but that is over now, and the service should improve. (Note: I said SHOULD)

There is no retaliation, or shenanigans due to verizon being ATT's direct competitor.

Frankly, I think, if anything, they get a kick out of taking ATT's money for the service, and have no intentions of stopping.

Mind you, this is all just my opinion as a fellow customer, and i just love making wild speculations. (Hey, it's a hobby.)

Anyways, here is hoping you get your access back.  Good luck

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.