For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Retiredgent's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 10:16 PM

Door to door reps

I live in a subdivision with posted 'no solicitation' signs. At&T sales reps continue to come to my door ignoring the posted signage. They arrive in pairs and sometimes with a third person who has claimed that he is the supervisor and also claimed that because he lives in 'the neighborhood' it is ok for this to occur. I disagree and want this sales tactic to end in my subdivision. If I want additional AT&T/Directv services, i will contact you at your service number or at a company store.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Door 2 Door sales people are NOT AT&T employees but are contract workers and can be pretty aggressive.  Check with local law or code enforcement and see what laws (if any) they might be breaking. 

As far as wanting "this sales tactic to end in my subdivision", good luck with that.  It would appear that simple "NO SOLICITING" signs don't seem to get through to these people.  I would suggest the following:

nosoliciting.JPG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Two at&t "contract" salesmen have been knocking on my door for two days.  These guys banged on my door four different times yesterday and already once today, even though we don't answer.  They even waved to my Ring doorbell, which they didn't use.

Right after they left my house, my wife called a neighbor to see if she knew who these guys were.  The neighbor told her she spoke with them yesterday and that they were from at&t, and she told them at that time she was not interested.  (She also said she is now caring for her husband who just got home from the hospital).  At that time, I noticed the salesmen were heading back to her house.  While she was on the phone with my wife, I advised her she was about to have a repeat visit.  She said she wished they wouldn't bother them.  I them stepped out and told these guys what the neighbor had said.  They by-passed their house and moved down the street.  Today I learn that they came back to her house about an hour later and again, knocked on her door anyway.

This is crazy.  I guess at&t has really hit rock-bottom and surely must be in dire straights to allow this kind public nuisance to be conducted in their name.  Folks, please remember, this is not your father's AT&T anymore!  I know...I was part of AT&T once upon a time.  What they did to my neighbor makes me sick!  

This community posting is just the beginning.  I'm retired now so my new mission is to discover (and I will) who at at&t allows this to happen and share the above experience with them.

More later at events occur.

CayoteBrave

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

@cayotebrave   As stated, door-to-door sales people are NOT AT&T employees but are independent contractors. 

It doesn't make what these people did right in any way but it would be helpful if you could find out who they REALLY worked for.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Hey skeeterintexas,

I guess it really doesn't matter, to me, who the contracting company is they work for.  It's likely to be a different company in each of at&t's regional markets.  Therefore, you just can't pin them down.

I'd rather identify the at&t entity or individual responsible for contract "management" of these firms.  Since they too may be different in each regional market, I feel they may all report to the same person somewhere in the corporate hierarchy.

The reason I'm interested in identifying the contact manager is really important.  You see, here in Georgia for instance, we have a Public Service Commission (PSC) which has jurisdiction for the entire state.  (If I remember correctly, Texas is different in that every county (?) has their own PSC-like entity, please correct me if this is not so).  When I file a complaint with the PSC, I'll be able to attach the "name" of the responsible person or entity at at&t. 

BTW...For the Record...In my original post I accidentally left out the fact the two salesmen were "spewing" all kinds of exaggerated service claims!  To put it mildly, they were simply talking out of their butt!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.