Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Connecting to my att network...

Highlighted
Contributor

Connecting to my att network...

I am trying to connect to the internet so i can connect to my att network.  when the system was installed, the router and wireless gateway was installed next to the tv.  Help!!

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎08-10-2018 3:13 PM

Re: Connecting to my att network...

Wired devices connect to the gateway via ethernet cables plugged into any of the gateway's 4 yellow ethernet ports.

Wifi devices access the gateway's wifi using the gateway's ssid (network name) and password.  That info is pasted on a label stuck to the side of your gateway.

You may or may not have to set the DNS in your devices.  Some suggested DNSs are OpenDNS (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) or google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Router/WAP next to TV?

@nanlcat1955 wrote:

I am trying to connect to the internet so i can connect to my att network.  when the system was installed, the router and wireless gateway was installed next to the tv.  Help!!

The gateway's proximity to your TV has no bearing on the ability to connect to the internet. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support