Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Changing wifi passwords on a wireless tablet

Highlighted
Contributor

Changing wifi passwords on a wireless tablet

I have been looking for a solution of how to change wifi passwords on my LG V495 TABLET fo over two years. Solutions always apply to your computers router. I do not have a Computer! I have an LG v495 TABLET. TABLET. TABLET!  Any help out there??

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Changing wifi passwords on a wireless tablet

It doesn't matter what wif device you have the method is still the same.  You access the gateway with a browser using the url http://192.168.1.254, navigate to the gateway's wifi page and change the ssid/password from there.

Look at the following for instructions for your specific gateway model.

Change your Wi-Fi network information

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. If you find this post helpful in solving your problem then feel free to kudo it. If it is also the solution then consider clicking "Accept as Solution".
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎02-25-2019 12:59 PM

Re: Changing wifi passwords on a wireless tablet

The LG v495 is both a cellular and wi-fi enabled tablet. If you're referring to using the tablet while connected to your home wifi, then you're getting a wifi signal from a gateway device installed by your internet provider. This gateway will have either a "phone" line (maybe green) or a thicker, round cable connecting it to a wall outlet (or going into a hole in floor). Wi-fi passwords are maintained on this gateway, not the receiving devices. You do not need to have a computer in order to have a gateway providing internet to your home. Since you came to the AT&T Community Forums, we assume that you have AT&T Internet, in which case @_xyzzy_ 's advice above is what you need. If you're getting internet from some other provider, reach out to that company for help in changing your wifi password.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support