Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cancel the internet service

Contributor

Cancel the internet service

I’m going to move to Japan on 7/20.So I want to cancel the service before that date.Can I ask how to cancel the service and how to return the equipments.

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎07-01-2019 3:58 AM

Re: Cancel the internet service

To cancel service need to call 800.288.2020 during normal business hours Monday to Friday.

Will owefor the current billing cycle at time of cancelling... This info may help to know what date to schedule cancel as if three days into new cycle would owe for the entire 30 days but not using service for 27 of them.

Should receive instructionson how to return equipment via UPS or FedEx. Save the tracking information.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

that is not correct i've called that number three times to cancel my service, since it's the only number anyone from att will provide. Operators who answer this number cannot help you with cancellations. they also cannot forward you to the department that can help you. they CAN waste 20-30 minutes of your time before telling you that.

att&t employee needs to update you with the correct number.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

1-800-288-2020 is the Customer Service number.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@kirstin 

As you said that's the only number you should use for cancelling and most everything else.  But you should also say "cancel" as you navigate down the phone tree.  If it works (and it should) you will end up with someone from that department (also referred to as "retentions" which you could specify instead of "cancel").

Note, I don't know the exact M-F office hours but I do know they are closed on weekends.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support