For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
davidbppjazz's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 9:14 PM

My wife cannot login to her bellsouth.net email

My wife's iPhone began asking for her email password a couple months ago and when entered said connection to the server failed. After the problem continuing I tried every different location that an att related email can be logged in from...The only message I received was the account is inactive?? The e-mail was used daily. So why would Att restrict it my wife's account, that she's had for years, and has everything in her life linked to? Not a warning or notice e-mailed...nothing.

The message said to log in and give permission to reactivate the email using your parent att login. I have an att cell that is attached to a business account, and we've had that att wireless for years...but I don't have a personal att email. I fear that ATT in an attempt to clear out all the old bellsouth.net emails just randomly deleted the account....if that's the case they deleted multiple business contacts and emails...the contacts that pay our att cells. I hope that's not the case...but does anyone have some light to shed? Also, who exactly would I contact about this? I seam to be going in circles...given links that go to the completely wrong department. Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Bellsouth.net is a legacy email domain (like sbcglbal.net and a bunch of others).  These appeared to become "problematic" (I'm being kind) for many users after the "great unmerge".  One thing to try (don't know if it will change anything, probably not) is to change your password using Forgot ID/Password.  Who knows, since it's complaining about passwords maybe giving it a new one will make it "happy".  If it's a data base (accounting) problem maybe the password update will fix that too.

The Forgot ID/Password has three ways to update the password; (1) answering your security questions, (2) send a password to your account contact email, or (3) snail mail to your account billing address.   The mistake some of you obviously made with trying to do (2) is using your primary email address as your recovery email address.   You shouldn't do that for exactly this problem of trying to update the password to access the email account for which the present password doesn't work.  You should create a free email account somewhere else, anywhere except att/yahoo.  Pick one.  For example GMail will do.  Use it as a recovery email address assuming the old password at least still works to get into your myAT&T profile so set it.

Finally, for those using email client apps (Thunderbird, Outlook, mobile email client apps, etc.) you might want to try using a secure mail key in place of the email password in your client's server settings.  Read this for more information.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @davidbppjazz,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your e-mail account, but I will be glad to help. Because this is an account specific issue, I will be sending you a private message to discuss this further.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My old bellsouth email I can no longer access it. It is the only one on my facebook account and I don't know my password, and I can't access it to change it. Pleae help me get into it so I can get the info from the facebook site, so I can log in my account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have had bellsouth.net for my e-mail for many years and I cannot get into my e-mails because I dont have a att account.Whats going on?????????????

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

ATT is about as crooked as any company can be.  They wanted to upgrade my wiring in my home and promised if I agreed, that it would lower my bill from almost $80. for internet and home phone to under $60.  Well, they did what they wanted to do in my home but my bill did not drop.  I am deaf and cannot even use the home phone but they charge me $36.00 per month for it.  All they wanted to do is upgrade my wiring so they could charge me $10.00 per month for their modem.  I had just purchased a brand new modem and networking system but they wouldn't let me use it.  I have to pay the $10.00 per month or not have internet.  Also, they can spy on what I am looking at on the net and send me animated ads about each item I search for.  This is an invasion of my privacy.  If I could get another company for my phone and internet, I would have done it many years ago because ATT/Bellsouth.net/Yahoo has ripped me off so many times with their promises that never come through.  They just fix it so they can make more money off of their customers.  My service has not improved and my bill might be $4.00 less, that's all.  So be careful what you let them do for your, it isn't for  you, it is for THEM, the ripoff companies.  Just a warning.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have same problem since nov of2016 , they told me I can get promotional rate but I have to get two tablet offer free ofer I donot have to pay any extra but I have to accwept two tablet free offer and total bill wil be 141.00per months I accepted that offer but they started to charged me two seprate bill thay is one for regular ac and another for 2 tablet ac. I refused to pay tablet ac but I continue to pay 141.00 but after 3 month they cancelled my tablet ac and started me to bill me early termination bell of almost 18090.00 which I refused to pay now they have given this amount due to collection agency and they increase my telephone bill to 250.00 which they are not supposed to increased for more than 141.00, now every month they add some new service to my ac and add me 75 to 120. which I have to call then every month to cancelled extra fees they tells me thy will cancel extra fee next month billing cylcles,i donot truyst att ,I am customer with them for last 35 years but they never try to corrce their mistake

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm having the same problem

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I cannot log into my email account... keeps asking for password, I have talked to people at ATT who supposedly 'helped me'... Wrong, I can log in on my phone, but not my computer.  Grrrrrrr

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can't get mail this am on phone. Says user ID or password is in correct. I got mail on the account last night. What's going on??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I've got the exact same issue.  hopefully att/yahoo will get this cleared up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.