For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Fosterrl7155's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 7:53 PM

Anyone Else Missing Return Envelopes?

I just got off the phone with AT&T Customer Support for the second month in a row and something just doesn't make sense.  I still pay my bills the old-fashioned way - by check.  Beginning four months ago, my monthly billing statements from Carol Stream began to arrive WITHOUT a return envelope to send back my payment stub and check.  Last month, the customer service representative told me it was corrected.  Today, the representative told me, "AT&T is no longer providing return envelopes with your bills."  Frankly, this seems a little far-fetched given that EVERY reputable company in the world provides return envelopes when billing customers.

So, is there anyone else out there who pays the old-fashioned way and are you getting your return envelopes?

Thanks,

RLF

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

I dont think they send bills with return envelopes anymore.

You can still main in your payment like most us do, but you won't get a return envelope anymore in the mail.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

I never really thought about it but you're right, they don't include envelopes.  I pay my bills electronically so it's never been a problem for me.

I guess if you want to mail in your payment, buy a box of #10 envelopes (the long ones), and write the address that's on the front of the payment portion of your bill.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Well, if this is indeed the correct answer, I must say that it sheds a dim light on AT&T.  As I said, every other reputable company from my mortgage company to credit card companies, every utility to the publishers of the magazines I receive, they ALL provide return envelopes for payment.  I think this is a none-to-subtle and back-handed attempt to frustrate customers and have them switch to electronic forms of payment...shame, shame.

Thanks to both of you for your replies...

RLF

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.