DarcyL's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 2nd, 2018 4:20 PM

Account deactivation spam mail

I have received the following email several times.  The first time I contacted AT&T to report this.  Has anyone else received emails regarding account deactivation?

mailto:ATTCustomerCare@alph164.prodigy.net

ATT account
Unusual sign-in activity
This is to inform you that your request on: 30/3/2018 02:37:40.PM. to remove your account xxxxx@*****.** from ATT Customer Care server has been approved and will initiate in one hour from the exact time you open this message. Regards. ignore this message to continue with email removal or replying If this deactivation was not requested by you Please reply us. Thank you, ATT account

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

its a scam to get you to input your account info, and this one is really stupid they are not smart enough to realize at&t would not have a prodigy email, also the working PLEASE REPLY US typical non English speaking scammer  and everyone's favorite scam salutation REGARDS.then it says thank you at&t account  LOL i thought the scammers were getting smarter, at least this way it makes it easy for you and i to blow this one out of the water right away

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Rather than calling, just forward the email to “abuse@att.net”. More info here: https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1010543/

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.