For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
abhi12345's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 3:30 AM

ATT modem outstanding issue for last one year.

I have an problem with ATT service for the last one year. I am currently disconnecting my service as I am fed up of ATT customer care. Seems like everyone gets the problem but no one can resolve it. I have taken ATT service on Sept 2012. I have purchased the modem from ATT via order number 2206199055, WMS Order Number 247052519. I upgraded my ATT service to 12 MBPS around Nov 2015 but wasn't getting the speed. My modem was working fine as there was no technical issues apart from the speed part. ATT told that a support guy will come to take a look. The support guy came and told me that he will replace my modem free of cost. I agreed. He replaced my modem with a new one and took my modem (remember I had purchased this). Now the speed problem wasn’t solved but the support guy told me that it’s not possible to get the full speed. From the next month ATT started charging me rent for the modem which was a replacement. At this point my original modem is taken and I am paying rent for an ATT modem which I never asked for in the first place.

I complained and the customer care stuff understood and gave me a rebate first month and told me he will wave off the equipment charged , but in every bill it continued. Sometimes customer case will tell me that they will return my old modem back and I have to ship the new one , I agreed but my original modem is never returned. Last month the customer case rep told me that he couldn’t get my order in the account I told him that I have scan copy and can mail him, he told he is not supposed to receive mails. He have raised a new  case for me which is J61061388 but I am not hopeful as I know ATT customer care there are no true results.

I have the scanned copy of the order and can mail ATT anytime. Few chat reference id’s are Reference Number: 724330784530888457 , Reference Number: 732493729238051962.

As this is really frustrating,  I am disconnecting the  service with ATT. I want my old modem back or a refund for that modem as it was not an ATT property. I will return the ATT modem back after my sevice end date.

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @abhi12345,

Sorry to read of your experience. How long did you have the modem before it was replaced? 

Also, what speeds are you getting when you test? How are you testing? Wired or wireless? 

How many devices do you have connected at one time? 

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I had the modem for couple of years. Problem is that ATT took it. It was not an ATT property to take in the first place as I had brought that modem. Let me know if you need my account number. I am frustrated with ATT and disconnected my service want my modem or money refunded for modem. Latest case number is J61061388. Appreciate if you can help me.

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @abhi12345

We saw your post and will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include:

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you

We will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Sent a message with my details hope to hear back from you soon.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

As expected from ATT no solution yet. It seems that I have to forget my modem. Glad that I disconnected my service with such a company.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.