For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
beansf's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 2:29 AM

AT&T worst customer service ever

I placed an order to have my phone and DSL moved over a week ago. The day of my move and supposed install, I got a call from AT&T that there was an issue with my order.

Friday Call 1: on phone for 40 minutes. Agent tells me the person at my new residence had abandoned service. They said they would cancel theirs and have mine going by end of day, 7pm at the latest.

Saturday: Call 2 on phone 50 minutes. Promised a call back within the hour. Never was called back. 

Still Saturday Call 3 Explained the whole story again. Promised service would be fixed AGAIN. Promised a phone call back within "an hour or 2". Never got a call back again.

Monday morning. I take time off of work to call AT&T again. Call 4: 90 minutes on phone. This time I asked to be escalated to a supervisor. He offered to call me back so I wouldn't have to be on hold, but I wasn't buying that crap again. Promised service would be up in an hour or 2, 7pm at the latest. 

It is now 7:26. My phone number still not active. Last tenet's phone number STILL active. I can't set up my DSL. 

I don't know what else to do but go with Comcast. Clearly, AT&T does not want my business anymore.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @beansf  Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry for the installation issues you're experiencing. Our team would be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Tuesday morning: Call 5, 30 minutes. This time I'm told that the rep has to call my landlord to confirm in on the lease in order to cancel other person's service. Promises she'll call me back and keep me posted of progress. I did not receive a call back again. Told rep would have it done today. No change to situation. These repos must get off on telling you they will call you back and leave you hanging. It must be nice to not have to give anyone a call back number. No accountability for them.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Just spent another hour on the phone with AT&T. This time they tell me because they pushed my number and there was already a number coming into three jack, the wiring is now messed up and requires a dispatch at $125. Why would they do that when on the very first day they cajoled to tell me they couldn't process my order because there was already someone's service going at this address.

So the repair rep says it is the landlord's responsibility to pay for it. Shouldn't it be AT&T? They knew from the beginning what the situation was. They shouldn't have done it that way if it was going to mess everything up. Unless of course they knew there would be $125 in it for them...

Anyone ever try to get l the landlord to pay for anything. I hate you, AT&T. I sincerely do.

Many thanks to Mike, Jennifer, Jean, Pedro, Rudy, and all the other reps that I forgot the names of that I spoke to who said they would help me and didn't, who said they would call me back and didn't. I hate you guys. I so hate you guys.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

So, finally got other person's phone service canceled. I will plead the 5th on that part. Talked to leasing office who said they would send their own tech out to fix things. All AT&T had to do was tag the line. This would not cost me anything. They tried to call AT&T themselves to schedule it, but of course I had to do it.AT&T would not do it at their request.

So i schedule it and the tech Larry calls and says, "I tag and fix line." I said "No, you just tag line. I have a tech to did it from the property management company". He says he's going to lunch and will call me back in an hour. No call back.

Thursday morning: Dan the tech calls and says, "Your line is fixed."

Okay, no one ever told them to fix the line. If they put that $125 charge on my bill, they will NOT be getting that money. I never authorized that work. They cannot follow simple directions. They have screed up every step of the way.

And for anyone reading this who thinks that having that board moderator posting that they'll get you some help means anything, it doesn't. I got 2 emails asking for my account info, both of which I responded to, and nothing more.

I hate to go with Comcast because I hear they suck pretty hard, too but dang, cab they possibly be worse than AT&T?

God help us as we try to get the DSL working... Apparently they postponed our order until 7/31 since our phone wasn't wording.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@beansf wrote:
So, finally got other person's phone service canceled. I will plead the 5th on that part. Talked to leasing office who said they would send their own tech out to fix things. All AT&T had to do was tag the line. This would not cost me anything. They tried to call AT&T themselves to schedule it, but of course I had to do it.AT&T would not do it at their request.

So i schedule it and the tech Larry calls and says, "I tag and fix line." I said "No, you just tag line. I have a tech to did it from the property management company". He says he's going to lunch and will call me back in an hour. No call back.

Thursday morning: Dan the tech calls and says, "Your line is fixed."

Okay, no one ever told them to fix the line. If they put that $125 charge on my bill, they will NOT be getting that money. I never authorized that work. They cannot follow simple directions. They have screed up every step of the way.

And for anyone reading this who thinks that having that board moderator posting that they'll get you some help means anything, it doesn't. I got 2 emails asking for my account info, both of which I responded to, and nothing more.

I hate to go with Comcast because I hear they suck pretty hard, too but dang, cab they possibly be worse than AT&T?

God help us as we try to get the DSL working... Apparently they postponed our order until 7/31 since our phone wasn't wording.

Did you follow @ATTDmitriyCM 's advice and send a private message to the Customer Care team? I'm almost sure it would lower your frustration level...

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Just when you thought it was maybe over. It isn't. There are still issues. I posted a month ago when this nightmare began. After I THOUGHT it was resolved, I called billing because I received a bill including days I had no service. They told me to ignore that bill. I would me getting a new one before that one was due, July 7th. Well, it's July 5 and no new bill yet. Worse even, our DSL goes out this morning and when we call they say our account still says lending move. Seriously? WE MOVED ON JUNE 6. We have called you at least 20 times (not exaggerating). And yes, to the moderator, I did send a private message before and it led me Nowhere. Comcast can't possibly be as bad as you guys are. You have set a new record for incompetence.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The morning of June 26, I called AT T tech support to help me fix a minor problem with my email screen following yet another update of the email page. I talked to a guy who said his name was Ahmed. Ahmed said he needed remote control access to my computer so that he could see the problem I was having. I gave Ahmed the access he requested, and showed him the errors on the email screen. Ahmed quickly determined that the problem was coming from my Firefox browser, and he decided the browser must be uninstalled and reinstalled. Problems began with the reinstall of Firefox. Rather than downloading Firefox from the Mozilla web site, Ahmed downloaded from a pirate site called something like PC-Free. I began to see strange windows opening on my screen. The kind of windows where a program wants to scan your machine for viruses. About that time, I saw a screen insisting that Java must be downloaded and installed, but the download was not coming from the Java support site. I questioned Ahmed about the sites he was using, but he was unconcerned. He said he could fix any problems that popped up. More windows began to open, and Ahmed finally announced that I had serious problems on my machine that he could not fix. I agreed since I had just seen Ahmed install the problems he was talking about. I powered down my machine, and hung up on this worthless employee. When I rebooted my computer, I found a that several programs had been installed. These included Optimum PC Boost, Continue Vuu PC Install, System Optimizer Pro, Configure VO Package, My PC Backup, and itibiti.exe. I am sure there were others lurking in the system that I did not see. I was forced to restore my system from a backup which was created in March. I also had to reinstall Firefox which had never made it back onto my system after Ahmed uninstalled it. My daughter eventually had to reinstall an older version of Firefox and purge its history to get it working again. We came precariously close to losing all of my bookmarks, and there were numerous cases where data was completely lost. It has taken until today, July 5, to finally get the system back to what it was before Ahmed screwed it up. I simply cannot understand how AT T could hire a man for tech support that would use pirate sites infested by viruses and spyware to download and install software on a customer's computer. It will be a cold day in he** before another AT T employee gets remote access to my computer. Now, I find that I cannot even report my experience directly to AT T. I can only post this in a "User Community" that AT T can ignore. It certainly does seem to be the worst customer service EVER.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @beansf 

Did you talk to anyone from our social media team? I see the email they sent you few weeks ago but no response from you, it might be in your spam folder. These forums are a peer to peer space and the only way to work with someone who can help with account specific issues is via PM and following email. Is there a better email that we can use?

Please let us know via the link above.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.