sacguy_1010's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 15th, 2014 5:01 AM

AT&T digging up my lawn to install UVerse for my neighbor

I am having a major problem with AT&T at the moment, I live in Sacramento County, California and I am not an AT&T customer myself. My next door neighbor is, however, and they are planning to install UVerse in order to fix Internet connection speeds issues that my neighbor has reported. Rather than approaching this in an orderly and considerate manner, AT&T has acted extremely arrogantly and in a reckless, confusing manner that makes no sense:

- Did not provide any initial explanation or warning of what they were doing, contractors simply showed up one day and started spray painting all over my lawn

- AT&T told my neighbor different stories at different times, they ended up having to come out again and move the original spot they were going to dig.

- AT&T then fully cancelled the project, saying they were not going to dig

- Today I received a call saying the project was back on and their escalation department was investigating.

I just recently installed new sod on the lawn, within the last 6 months, it is just to the point now where the roots have taken hold. It is 100 degrees each day now in my area and would be very expensive to water the lawn each day if new sod has to be laid. I have also heard horror stories about AT&T taking months to do repair work.

I do not understand why AT&T cannot dig in my neighbor's yard and no explanation has been provided for this. They are the ones who are AT&T customers and stand to benefit from this. Further, the spot on my lawn where they want to dig is right next to my neighbor's property, literally 2 feet away!

I am not planning to back away from this lightly and am pursuing every option at my disposal. I have a horrible impression of AT&T from this experience, they do not respect my property at all and rather than trying to work with me and act reasonablly they have decided to treat me and my property with no respect.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Seems like this is a common occurrence, as they (or the sub contractors for AT&T) have dug up my front yard a 1 1/2 months ago now there are a couple of orange pylons with plywood and a large orange tube standing up the in the are from the large hole.  My newly laid sod is now trashed!   No one seems to no anything about it or even care!!!!  really At&T!!!!!!!      Just moved to this home and was thinking about having the service, but if this is how things are handled, oh @## NO.   WHOM CAN I CONTACT TO GET THIS FIXED???? 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T dug up my yard months ago and I haven't used my sprinklers until a few weeks ago. Water was pouring out of the area where they dug so I figured they mistakenly hit a sprinkler pipe. When I dug it up, I found they had cut the pipes and just bent them out of the way, and proceeded to re-sod over it. How do I get this fixed?

https://ibb.co/hqzT5k
https://ibb.co/cvEHy5

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

ATT is now attempting to dig in my yard in Stockton - without permission or consulting us.  They are saying it is for our neighbor.  I DO NOT WANT THIS IN MY YARD!  Who do I need to speak with?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This information provided as "solved" by ATT is incorrect!  They never notify anyone of a planned dig, until you find your property marked up and flags planted for their next dig, and wala, your yard is a mess!!!  ATT dug approx 2 yrs ago, in order to force everyone onto UVERSE, whether or not you wanted it, but they conveniently cut land lines altogether (at least that is what I was told) and cancelled the bundle agreement I had with them and Dish, even though they promised that would not happen (LIARS), and dug till their hearts were content!  leaving behind, uneven paths in my lawn, where they just threw my grass (in lumps onto the dig lines, barely stepping it into place!!!), they severed my sprinkler line, and caused so much damaged when they dug, that over a period of a year (or less), I actually had SINK HOLES, more than a foot deep! Called, called, called, and finally they sent a rep out to flat out deny that it could be their fault!!!  They were rude in their denial, and they refused to repair!  They are at it again!!!  Just got off the phone with Steve, who basically mocked me for being upset, and when I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, I was conveniently disconnected (but I expected that, from Steve).  This time around, I will photograph before the dig, after the dig, and monitor (with photos) for the next 6 months to a year, and if I notice anything like last time, they will see me in court!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I cannot believe this  company operates in such a horrendous manner. They came to dig up my sidewalk with ZERO notice because who cares about the people who live there as long as they can dig. The people they hired just ruined our birthday plans because we can’t leave the house. They’ve blocked all or cars in and when I asked them to move they said the would IN AN HOUR. when I called to complain TWICE they hung up on me. What a shame that this is how you get treated when you’re not even a customer. What a JOKE 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

As long as they are digging in the designated 'utility easement' they have every right to be there. 

If you are unsure where that easement lies on your property, you can contact your local tax office.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The tech destroyed my neighbor’s yard when they buried our line. I would like it fixed. How do I file a claim?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Good luck! After I finally reached some one who would listen, nothing ever came of it and I made a Home Depot trip.

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I do not have AT&T ... they dug up my lawn in the back a very large hole and the dirt is so high.. I have children here that could easily fall in that hole!!! besides the fact it is disgusting with that orange fence going around which a child can remove. I have tried many numbers to no avail..I was told the sod and hole will be replaced in 2 days it's going on for 2 weeks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.