DBecerra321's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 18th, 2014 8:43 PM

AT&T ON-SITE TECHNICIAN CHANGED PLAN FROM 6MBPS to 1MBPS WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION!!!

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN (AT&T CORP. REP.):

My parents have been loyal customers to AT&T for over 6 years. Paying for the 6mbps Pro package internet and house phone plan all these years. Until about mid-late 2013 I ran a speedtest app off my smartphone to test the speed of their internet due to my parent complaints that internet service was slow and as luck would have it the results were shocking! AT&T had been supplying only a maximum of 3-4mbps for what appeared to be all the years of paid service.

Thereafter, we get on the phone with a AT&T customer representative and were advised that they would need to send a technician out to test the lines and if it is determined there is a fault within the home lines that there will be a service fee. However, if it is determined that there is a fault out-of-home with their lines that there will be no charge at all. We requested the technician come out and see.

This being said, my parents had ironically gone on vacation to California while my wife and I were house sitting. Well as things would have it, while I am at work the technician stops by to check the lines and speaks to my wife, who is not techsavy nor up-to-par with the undergoing scenario and no where near authorized to make any change to the contractual service agreement between AT&T and my parents.

Upon my arrival, it is advised that the technician was unable to locate any line issues inside or out and much more was dumbfounded that we had internet service in the first place. Stating to my wife that my parents lived to far from the DSL tower and that they should not have ever even qualified as recipients for DSL internet to begin with. Well buddy that’s six years to little and too late if you ask me.

As a result, my wife stated that the technician picked up his phone and spoke with some corporate representative to change the plan from a Pro (6mbps) to a Express (1mbps). All this done while my parents who maintain and manage the contractual service agreement with AT&T were in California. Shocked that not only were we not going to be receiving what my parents had been paying for all these years but they would also spit in our face by slowing the internet service to a trickle of what was originally being received.

I swear after what felt like weeks that led to months of arguing and empty promises by customer service rep after customer service rep after supervisor after supervisor NOTHING WAS DONE! Ohh yet happily stating to us each opportunity they had that we can cancel the service and not worry about any cancellation fees and that if ever in the future we were to request to reinstate internet service that DUE TO OUR LOCATION WE WOULD NOT QUALIFY.

Seems to me that since they could not just out right cancel the service, they slowed it down enough to where we would have no alternative but to cancel and seek service elsewhere, which makes no business sense whatsoever.

If anything they should be trying there darn hardest to keep and maintain our contractual service agreement out of this current breach and worried about what kind of legal deceptive trade ramifications there actions may have in the future if this is not immediately resolved.

I have tried to express my communication of such dissatisfaction and victimization through many routes, however have yet to date to receive any form of substantiative response.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @DBecerra321 Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting.

This definitely sounds like an issue we need to look at and address as soon as possible. I'm so sorry for all the frustration it's causing. Since it's account specific, please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The requested information has been submitted to you privately.

Thank you for your prompt attention and assistance in this matter.

db

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for that information, we have a case created for you in our system and one of our managers will be reaching out as soon as possible to help.

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did get an acceptable solution to this problem?  I just spent 2 hours on the phone with customer service yesterday with basically your parents' same problem.  I'd had the 6 Mbps plan for 2 years, and just recently noticed a very large slow down.  I too did a speed test and saw that I was getting barely 1 Mbps.  When I called customer service, they also told me that I should have never been getting the 6 Mbps and my plan had been changed to the 1.5 Mbps, not only without authorization, but without even telling me.  I'd like to know the reasoning behind telling someone that the max where they live is only 1.5 Mbps, when they've been getting 5 Mbps for years previous.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I was happy to find someone else point out that the DSL Pro plan had been for up to 6mb download speed. That is what I remember it being when I first signed up. I know that I have consistently tested my DSL Pro speed at approximately 5.5mb for over a year. Now it is 2.5mb and AT&T has re-branded its Pro Plan as 3mb. They say I must upgrade to get the same speed I had been getting previously.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.