For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
PhyllisMLeblanc's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 9:41 AM

AT&T CHARGES UNLAWFUL. REPORTING U TO FCC AND BBB!

For over SIX MONTHS I have YET to receive resolution. I signed up 9 years ago for UNLIMITED INTERNET! NOW I'M BEING CHARGED FOR "DATA OVERAGE USAGE." I was told by AT&T REP "It's always been there, just never enforced." WHAT!!!!???? My package was/is UNLIMITED!!!!! Phyllis. I am reporting AT&T to FCC AND BBB. I WANT ALL OF MY MONEY RETURNED TO ME!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

It WAS unlimited until May 2016.   http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/more_data_more_choic

The CS rep was wrong to say "It's always been there".   It's been there for 2+ years.  They just didn't enforce it.  They also announced that a customer can avoid that limit if they had one of the TV services (Uverse or DirecTV) or paid an extra $30 a month.  They had been lenient in the beginning and sent out "warnings" if you went over. 

It's only been recently that they actually started charging the extra $30.  Perhaps this is what you are considering as "unlawful".  There was plenty of chatter in the news, on line, social media, warnings included in your bill and on these message boards about it.

Caveat Emptor.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

5 years ago

Without knowing which internet service you have, it's hard to talk specifics, but most at&t services have had enforced usage limits for over two years and unenforced limits many years prior. At&t announced the changes as they occurred. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm reporting them right after this, i hadn't thought of reporting to the FCC but I am now, its so sickeniing the way their customer service isn't even there anymore. They pass the buck, disconnect you (unless youre paying them the outrageous overcharges its so disgusting. Thanks for reporting, hopefully they will someday regret not being good & decent to their customers I remember a time not so long ago when they actually cared about customer retention. I really wont mind paying the little guy more for better customer service and a good decent heart.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Don't expect any kind o help from this company they're horrible

Scholar

• 

88 Messages

5 years ago

Same with me, its been going on for 8 months, they keep coming up with other charges that are not correct. Make sure you report them to Ripoff Report and BBB.

I have never seen this level of corruption, and the interesting thing is they do not care at all! 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Did any of you have any luck filing with the FCC?  I filed today after we canceled our service in September and they are STILL sending us a bill every month.  Every month we call and they tell us it was resolved and the account is closed and they will credit us.  Then the next month comes and so does another bill.   We have spent a minimum of 15 hours trying to resolve this.  Wondering if anyone has had luck with FCC or BBB and which one?   I am filing today with the FCC but not sure about the BBB?  

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.