Explore & discover

Helpful Links

3 weeks after Irma and still no Internet!

Contributor

3 weeks after Irma and still no Internet!

I live in Florida, 33176.  Our uverse internet has been out since Irma...three weeks.  After waiting until our power was restored, then reporting the issue via the ATT app, a technician came to our house and fixed a wire that had come down during the storm.  He also claimed that there was an issue in our neighborhood service.  Yesterday (9/28) I saw four ATT bucket trucks in the area, but we still have no service.  The app is now stating that ATT is detecting no outage in our service, but we have no service!  I've had use my hotspot on my phone so my kid can get online and do his homework, which eats my data. 

I can;t even report the outage on the app at this point...I went through the troubleshooting exercise (restarting the modem, etc.) and nothing.  From past experience I know there is no point in calling ATT customer service since I will get some very helpful person in Bangalore or Manila or some such place who hasn't a clue.  I am thisclose to dumping ATT for Xfinity... c'mon ATT you can do better than this...or can you?

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: 3 weeks after Irma and still no Internet!

Same here in 33331 only cable still not even fixed. Multiple different conflicting stories. No home phone internet tv day 22
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

We're not even seeing bucket trucks in zip code 33040. Really anemic post-hurricane response. For what it's worth, I set up a service call at 1-877-737-2478. Of course their "records" showed the outage cleared in my area, so the service call had to be rescheduled. I guess you have to call every day. Who has the time?
Message 3 of 4
Employee

please read this solved solution from another post

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Equipment/UVerse-Restoration-After-Hurricane-Irma/m-p/526772...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support