Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
dentist's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 4:23 PM

What does it take to get the installation date to happen?

Had lots of mail about the Fiber offering. 

So I decided to sign up for it. They offered free installation and 29$ off each month indefinitely. 

Thought it was a great deal so we signed up for the installation. I think the first date they had was  2weeks away. 

The date came and nobody came... No call no show. 

So I contacted them back. They said the order was cancelled and he didn't know why. So they set up a second date. 

He "promised" that it was going to work out.  Second day came, no call no show. Again the appointment is set about 2 weeks later since the first availability isn't till later. I got back in touch with them again. 

This time, the lady assures me that it will work out... And we set a third date. This time, I get a text the Friday before the Monday installation. Tells me to call them. I call them and they tell me there's a problem with my address. And that they need to open a ticket to resolve the address. And that it'll take 48hrs to do so. So no go on the third attempt. And they'll get back to me once they figured out the address. 

I get in touch with them a week later since I didn't hear from anybody. I tell the chat lady that I've tried to get at&t fiber many times and they have been unsuccessful. She "promises" me that it'll be taken care of. I told her I want to set up 2 dates just in case, something happens, so we don't have to wait another 2 weeks. She agrees to it. We set up a Saturday and a Monday. 

So I get an email yesterday to confirm a "friday" ? I called to tell them that wasn't correct. And asked what happened to the Saturday and Monday appointments. Needless to say, I have the Chat transcript clearly confirming the Saturday appointment.  And on top of that the installation fees were on there and there was no discount. 

We have rescheduled yet again for Feb 18th. 

This has been beyond frustrating. Is there anyway to acclerate the process? There should be a sales rep that stays in touch with the client, so we can get timely updates. Rather than waiting around the house for 2-3hrs waiting for someone to come. And then finding out that no one is coming. 

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @dentist,

Sorry to read of the trouble your experience. We can help and just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back and let us know via this thread one you have replied to the PM.

-ATTU-versCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Sent you a message. Thanks. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.