Static IP's with GigaPower

Static IP's with GigaPower

[ Edited ]

Hello All. Just a simple question here...

I currently have U-Verse here in Austin (fiber to the premise) and have a static IP block through AT&T. My question is if I upgrade, will AT&T allow static IP's with GigaPower? I can't find any information concerning this anywhere else.

This is sort of a "make or break" option for me, and I am eligible for GigaPower at my location.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 20 (4,010 Views)
Mentor

Re: Static IP's with GigaPower

Thanks Morgan!  I need to think about it, as from what I've seen the DHCP address does NOT change that often, and NAT/Forwarding rules seem(!) to work very well for me for what I need. 

I assume the TOS still prohibits "public" servers on the RESI service. 

Message 16 of 20 (3,273 Views)
ACE - Expert

If I recall correctly, you can have "public" servers, but you can't have "commercial" servers.

So you can host information for a hobby or your local recreational sports team, but you couldn't start an web hosting business.  I read the restrictions in 10a as stating that you can't make your connection available for public use to access the Internet via your connection, e.g. by creating a public hotspot.

Please check the TOC and Acceptable Use Policies for yourself, though.

Links to both of these can be found here:

http://www.att.com/gen/public-affairs?pid=20879

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 20 (3,232 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

It works. I was able to keep my static IPs.

Message 18 of 20 (3,123 Views)
ACE - Expert

foo.c wrote:

It works. I was able to keep my static IPs.

Thank you for confirming that the process worked.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 20 (3,118 Views)
Community Support

Hi foo.c,

I am glad your install went smoothly, and you were able to retain your static IPs. Welcom to GigaPower!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 20 of 20 (3,106 Views)