Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
DigitalCrisis's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 7:37 PM

Static IP's with GigaPower

Hello All. Just a simple question here...

I currently have U-Verse here in Austin (fiber to the premise) and have a static IP block through AT&T. My question is if I upgrade, will AT&T allow static IP's with GigaPower? I can't find any information concerning this anywhere else.

This is sort of a "make or break" option for me, and I am eligible for GigaPower at my location.

Thanks in advance.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I would ask that you post back with what you find out from @ATTU-verseCare .  Thanks!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I placed another order after talking with another person over there. (Luckily I got my same install date.) They said it's really just a speed bump and the new modem could be configured for static ip.

The PM I got stated that it can and has been done.

Hopefully it works for me.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Can I ask what you are paying for the static IP(s) and how big a block?

Thanks!

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Lrosenman,

Here is the price and block information for Static IP. All U-verse gateways are able to be configured with Static IP except for the Motorola 2210-02-1ATT modem or the Motorola 2310-51 modem.

Block Size Premium
8 $15
16 $25
32 $30
64 $35
128 $40

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Morgan!  I need to think about it, as from what I've seen the DHCP address does NOT change that often, and NAT/Forwarding rules seem(!) to work very well for me for what I need. 

I assume the TOS still prohibits "public" servers on the RESI service. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

If I recall correctly, you can have "public" servers, but you can't have "commercial" servers.

So you can host information for a hobby or your local recreational sports team, but you couldn't start an web hosting business.  I read the restrictions in 10a as stating that you can't make your connection available for public use to access the Internet via your connection, e.g. by creating a public hotspot.

Please check the TOC and Acceptable Use Policies for yourself, though.

Links to both of these can be found here:

http://www.att.com/gen/public-affairs?pid=20879

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

It works. I was able to keep my static IPs.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@foo.c wrote:

It works. I was able to keep my static IPs.

Thank you for confirming that the process worked.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi foo.c,

I am glad your install went smoothly, and you were able to retain your static IPs. Welcom to GigaPower!

-David T

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have a /29 block of ip addresses which are causing some websites to have a very delayed reaction.  Meaning there is a long pause before even the first element of a webpage loads, maybe 5+ seconds.   This affects every link on the site.  One such website is http://aa.usno.navy.mil/  and another is https://www.academicsuperstore.com/ So as you can imagine, browsing one of these websites is very painful.  What is very curious is when I switch back to my private block of IP addresses, everything works perfectly.  No slowdown,  Note: This happens on all computers, phones, tablets that connect thru the RG.

I previously had a /25 block which I had to give up because of some of the same issues, but much worst.  Many sites would simply not load,  Bestbuy.com for instance, was completely unsuable (would load after a long while and would only contain text). Couldn't login into league of legends client, and even the Blizzard Launcher (WOW, Overwatch) had issues.   And again, everything would work perfectly when I switched back to my private range.

I'm currently using a Pace 5286ac.  I  used the Add Additional Network funciton under Broadband->Link Configuration to add my router IP and subnet mask.  I am doling out IP address using the LAN->LAN IP Address Allocation function of the 5286ac RG.  Please let me know if this is not the proper way to use the Static block of IPs.

Additionally, when I go to speedtest.net using my public block, it shows my location in Kansas, but I'm actually in the Bay Area, CA.  Using the private ip does properly show me in my correct location.  I want to also point out, I've had a lot of problems with my installation.  Last month my Internet would crash every 1-4 hours and it took over a week to get resolved.  They changed my RG (nvg599) twice, and the Internet still crashed.  They changed out my ONT, and still had the same problem.  Finally changing the RG to a 5286ac fixed the issue.

Please help me. 

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.