06-24-2018 1:30 AM
I don't want to be VERY specific, but I'm wondering if AT&T Fiber is in Tulsa. We need internet that's good enough for at least 20 devices.
It's a simple question and I'm only asking because we had actual AT&T workers come at our house and say "Fiber is the fastest internet there is and we have it available now", yet when it was appointment day, we canceled it because we didn't get what was advertised by those people.
Thanks for any reply.
Solved by: Go to Solution.
- edited 06-24-2018 5:35 AM
Type your address in here on the availability page.
If you see 1000mbps its FTTP (fiber to the prem)
If you don't see 1000mbps its FTTN (fiber to the node)
- edited 06-24-2018 7:05 AM
Yes, ATT fiber is in Tulsa and Owasso, and Jenks....
May not be on your street or in your community but it is there.
ATT Fiber Map...
06-25-2018 12:43 PM
Yeah, found it isn't available in my place.
Guess the only question I have now is: When will it fully be everywhere here?
06-25-2018 3:41 PM
The current ATT commitment is 12.5 million addresses by late 2019 in 21 states. A government condition of being allowed to purchase DirecTv in summer of 2015.
When completed in next 15 to 18 months will represent about 18% of all addresses in the ATT footprint.
Hopefully in late 2019 (Thanksgiving?) the company will announce a phase 2 of about the same number by 2024(?) which should bring total addresses to about 35% of all addresses. How would this 25 million compare to ATT Uverse deployment from 2006 to December 2015?
At end of Project VIP (2013-2015)...
* 33 million addresses with vDSL FTTN offering Uverse IPTV, internet, voip. Current speeds of 100, 75, 50, 45, 25, 24, 18 depending on cards and copper loop length.
* 24 million with ADSL2+, no Uverse IPTV option, speeds of 18, 12, 10, 6, 5, 3, 1.5 and .75 based upon 2.5 miles of copper.
Together these represented 75% of addresses having hardwired Uverse internet. For the other 25% or about 19 million would have wireless internet WPHI.
Since then with FTTP 12.5 million coming from all three of above groups plus 1.1 million fixed internet. Expect about 20% of addresses in 2020 will only have ATT 4G or 5G wireless internet option.
Conclusion, will never be a 100% fiber to all addresses and if fiber continues for four more years by 2025 about 60-65% will have 45M or higher (50, 75, 100, 150, 300, 500, 1000) internet with most of rest being 5G which should be offering similar speeds with smaller data caps.
06-25-2018 9:30 PM
These are just my thoughts basrd upon past company announcements and my observations. Not in the know of any of companies future plans.
The purchase of Time Warner Media means company is transforming from a provider to content distribution.
Like Netflix, and other streaming offerings expect the next year or two to be about OTT content, not only within 21 ILEC states but nationwide and possible wider similar to ATT Wireless and DirecTv being national+ not regional.
Yes the company needs to provide increased bandwidth for all this streaming to their footprint. I do believe a fiber commitment to denser populations such as MDUs apartments, condos, small lots of 50 feet frontage (Archie Bunker style homes) will see activity. The bigger the lot, the more distance between homes will have a diminishing options for fiber.
Again just my thoughts, not speaking for company.
Visit these related resourcesView Internet Speed Help!