For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
goobermatic's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2019 10:44 PM

Fiber being laid in my neighborhood , wanting to get prep-work done so I can switch providers to ATT

They are pulling the fiber as we speak ( I can see them out my window ). As soon as the fiber is lit , I want to sign up for gigabit fiber . In preparation for that , I would like to get someone to trench and lay conduit/pull tape , and install some cat6 ethernet cables BEFORE the AT&T technician comes ( it will make his job easier and faster , while also ensuring that the equipment is installed somewhere that I will be happy with ). There is a hand access box installed on the south side of my property, and would be a short run to the side of the house where all my networking equipment is at. There is another hand access box further away on the north side of the property , and that side is the side where all the other utilities come into the house.

Would it be mandatory that the fttp come from the further box , to enter the house where all other utilities enter , or could it come from the south side ? 

Would 2" conduit with 2 mule tape pulls be sufficient if I can get someone to trench and lay conduit from the hand access box beforehand ?

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.