Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
smcphers14's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 27th, 2014 4:02 AM

Austin Gigapower - Fraudulent sales tactics

I had two sales representatives come to my door (in an Austin suburb) in early January.  They sold me on the promise that Gigapower was already wired to my neighborhood node and it would be switched on by the end of the month.   They also claimed that existing customers would be automatically upgraded to the Gigapower service as part of their campaign to promote this service.  Three months later, it is still not available and after talking to an AT&T technician who came out for another issue, he told me that fiber had to be run all the way to the premise and that my neighborhood would likely not see Gigapower for a couple years.  He also told me that he has heard this same story three times in just the past week, so it is obvious that the sales teams are using the promise of Gigapower to entice customers and sway them to AT&T.  I feel llke I've been suckered, lied to, and betrayed.   I emailed the sale rep, and received no response.   I want to find out what course of action I have to address this issue.  Thank you.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

Well my guess is that the " two sales representatives" that came to your residence were just sub-contractors. They will say anything to get a sale. I'm not sure why ATT keeps using sub-contractors as you are not the first person to have problems with there sale tactics.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

This may be true, these might be sub-contractors.   Regardless, AT&T has an obligation to monitor the people they use to represent their company and ensure they are providing accurate information.  Anyway, their claim seemed very plausible considering that AT&T is promoting Gigapower through TV ads and a web-campaign (despite the fact that this service is only available to a very limited number of households).  

If the local marketing manager cares, i have the order information and they can contact me for details.  If I don't hear back, you won't have me as an AT&T customer for any longer than I am now obligated to remain.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

@smcphers14 wrote:

This may be true, these might be sub-contractors.   Regardless, AT&T has an obligation to monitor the people they use to represent their company and ensure they are providing accurate information.  Anyway, their claim seemed very plausible considering that AT&T is promoting Gigapower through TV ads and a web-campaign (despite the fact that this service is only available to a very limited number of households).  

If the local marketing manager cares, i have the order information and they can contact me for details.  If I don't hear back, you won't have me as an AT&T customer for any longer than I am now obligated to remain.

I doudt that will happen, but you can send a PM to ATT UVerse Care  and they should be able to help you. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen). 

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello smcphers14,

I apologize about any misunderstanding there may have been after speaking with our sales representatives. I can help you investigate your address in detail and verify if GigaPower will be available. I sent you a private message to gather some account details and assist you further.

Regards,

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Incredible OP, i actually had the exact same exerience. Unreal since I just cancled TWC to get uverse. Now TWC has rolled out 300Mb to my area, I understand the frustration. Especially with all the workers who came to my house told me it will be a year MINIMUM until my area in Lakeway gets 300+

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.