install to new apt #

Tutor

install to new apt #

Hi,

The check availability website tells me that my address with no unit # has gigapower available, but my specific unit # in the condo doesn't show. I'm not sure if it is okay to continue with the order with the address without the unit#?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: install to new apt #

athenos - I agree. I would not want to create a bad record that has to be corrected. Do you know of an apt that has U-verse? Of you could look it by telno, it would show the format att is using for the address. Alternatively, perhaps a phone call can do the same.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

There is only 3 units at the condo and both the 2nd and 3rd were added later on. I'm not sure if any of the other units have u-verse. On chat and over the phone they weren't able to give me any more information than the check availability website did.

Message 3 of 10
Employee

Do you currently have an ONT box on side of unit, as Giga is FTTP requiring an ONT.
Do you currently have Uverse? Which RG?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10
Tutor

No I do not currently have uverse. Can you give me some more information about how to tell if the box on the side is an ONT box?

Message 5 of 10
Employee

If the other units in your complex can be validated, I would recommend you contact customer care and ask them to have your unit# validated.  What this is, is your unit# would be requested to be added to the system.  Also, if you speak to someone, they may be able to locate your unit#.  Sometimes what happens is the address may be listed slightly different and it can be located.

Sometimes also, is if no one orders U-Verse in that unit, it does not get added to the system.  This will take about 5-7 business days to have your unit# added.  Once that has been done, you can place your order for U-Verse. 

I hope this helps somewhat.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 10
Tutor

Ok thanks, I'll see how it goes. I always have trouble with this kind of thing since this unit shares utilities with the unit below so it doesn't show up in public records.

Message 7 of 10
Employee

actually as long as your unit# has its own post office desigation, it should not be a problem adding into the system.

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 10
Tutor

They have now added my address on the check availability site but it says u-verse is not available. Shouldn't it be possible to get u-verse service if the other floors have it? It's not an apartment complex, just a house that has been converted into 3 separate units.

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

V - Request an engineering review to determine what is causing the deficiency. Call in or post a PM using this link -

http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support