Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
athenos's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 11:59 PM

install to new apt #

Hi,

The check availability website tells me that my address with no unit # has gigapower available, but my specific unit # in the condo doesn't show. I'm not sure if it is okay to continue with the order with the address without the unit#?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

athenos - I agree. I would not want to create a bad record that has to be corrected. Do you know of an apt that has U-verse? Of you could look it by telno, it would show the format att is using for the address. Alternatively, perhaps a phone call can do the same.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

There is only 3 units at the condo and both the 2nd and 3rd were added later on. I'm not sure if any of the other units have u-verse. On chat and over the phone they weren't able to give me any more information than the check availability website did.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

No I do not currently have uverse. Can you give me some more information about how to tell if the box on the side is an ONT box?

Former Employee

• 

66 Messages

10 years ago

If the other units in your complex can be validated, I would recommend you contact customer care and ask them to have your unit# validated.  What this is, is your unit# would be requested to be added to the system.  Also, if you speak to someone, they may be able to locate your unit#.  Sometimes what happens is the address may be listed slightly different and it can be located.

Sometimes also, is if no one orders U-Verse in that unit, it does not get added to the system.  This will take about 5-7 business days to have your unit# added.  Once that has been done, you can place your order for U-Verse. 

I hope this helps somewhat.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Ok thanks, I'll see how it goes. I always have trouble with this kind of thing since this unit shares utilities with the unit below so it doesn't show up in public records.

Former Employee

• 

66 Messages

10 years ago

actually as long as your unit# has its own post office desigation, it should not be a problem adding into the system.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

They have now added my address on the check availability site but it says u-verse is not available. Shouldn't it be possible to get u-verse service if the other floors have it? It's not an apartment complex, just a house that has been converted into 3 separate units.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

V - Request an engineering review to determine what is causing the deficiency. Call in or post a PM using this link -

http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.