For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
clancasler's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 20th, 2019 4:08 PM

Yard dug up and cable uncovered

Hi, during our internet installation the technician hired by ATT hit the main gas line at our home. After the 8 hour repair, both my and my neighbor's yards are dug up and the driveway is backhoed out as well. I filed a claim with ATT, who contacted me several times for more information, then abruptly stopped. The last call was on July 1, when they said they were waiting on information from the local foreman. Seeing as ATT contracted the company that caused the damage, are they liable to ensure the repair is completed? Does anyone have a good number that doesn't go to an automated line that wants to fix my internet? Thanks.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

You may have already been through all of the steps found here, but I don't want to assume anything.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks Dave, I have followed those steps and that's where things stalled out. Although I'll add that I never found that forum topic through ATT's main website or any of my phone calls, so I appreciate the link.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

It blows my mind that any "professional" contractor can "accidentally" cut through a gas main.

Here's a link that, contrary to what it says it's for, supposedly works to get the attention of someone at the executive level that can make things happen.

https://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=27794

One other possibility it to contact the CEO, well, someone on his team, through this public email address:

Let us know if either of these gets results.

Good luck!

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.