Wireless/Passthrough?

Mentor

Wireless/Passthrough?

I just ordered GigaPower.  Will I be able to turn OFF the NAT/Router/Wireless  of your gateway and pass through to my Cisco EA4500 which is MUCH more powerful radio wise for my house?

Message 1 of 7 (1,244 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author lrosenman
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Wireless/Passthrough?

Hi Irosenman,

You can definitely do a router behind router setup through a passthrough mode. Here's a useful post from another community member that gives detailed instructions on how to do it. 

Hope this helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (1,233 Views)
Mentor

Thank You!  I figured there was a way Smiley Happy 

Appreciate the fast response.  Now, to see when y'all are coming out to visit with the install Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 7 (1,221 Views)
Community Support

Glad I could help. Also, we have a great tool, the Troubleshoot & Resolve Tool, which will be able to help with common issues, but it actually can check on your order status too.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (1,213 Views)
Mentor

Installer coming on Saturday AM.  This will be fun to be one of the first with GigaPower.

Congrats to ATT on getting this out, and surprising me with availability.

Initially y'all said my neighborhood would NOT be in the initial roll-out, but apparently realized we're a upscale new fiber neighborhood.

Yay!

Message 5 of 7 (1,194 Views)
Mentor

Got everything set up, and found out the EA4500 is too underpowered for GigaPower.  Set up a new ASUS RT-AC68U using the above instructions and we're running great.  

THANKS for the help. 

I love it. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,038 Views)
Community Manager

Thank you for stopping by to give us an update! I'm glad you're liking it so far.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 7 (983 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.