Explore & discover

Helpful Links

When will ATT Fiber be available on my street

Contributor

When will ATT Fiber be available on my street

ATT,

When will ATT Fiber be available on my street?  The house immediately south of me has it, but their utility lines come in from the south-side.  My house gets its service from the north side.  Also, the homes across the street immediately east of us have Fiber.  Our block seems to be the laggard.  Every time I see an ATT technician I ask them, they said look for the orange placards with house numbers hanging on the utility lines; when you see those then Fiber is available., but none of the technicians  will say when our block is scheduled for Fiber.

Someone must know!  I would just like to know a vernal idea.

Please advise

Mark

Message 1 of 2
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by MarkEH
‎04-11-2019 7:45 AM

Re: When will ATT Fiber be available on my street

No public timeline for if or when any address will receive fiber service. 3 million per year in 21 states or about 4% of addresses upgraded each year. 

Contractors run fiber on poles or buried thus until work is completed and addresses turned green for service would not expect any front line employee at call center, retail store or field tech to have information desired.

As told, fiber terminals label on facilities designed to support 4, 6 or 8 addresses is indication will be available soon. Without facilities may never be upgraded. The Uverse 10 year deployment from 2006 to end 2015 reached 33 million addresses or about 42% of then addresses meaning 58% did not receive an IPTV option. 

End 2019 will have 13 million addresses with direct fiber option or about 17.5% meaning 80+% will not.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support