Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
caffeinator's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Tuesday, February 13th, 2018 10:57 PM

When is fiber coming to my area?

I recently moved and my neighborhood had AT&T DSL but then they pulled it. Neighbors say AT&T has promised fiber is coming soon. I'm wondering what AT&T considers soon. I have to have internet and satellite and Verizon wireless are the only ones who have guaranteed coverage. I have Direct TV and wish to have AT&T as my Internet provider.

Please help.

Zip Code is 95713

Thanks,

Chris

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

When I called the numbers, they all say, sorry no service in your area.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 years ago

At this point, I would like it if they just offered plain DSL, neighbors
say that was available last year. Even a dedicated 4-12MBPs connection
would be welcome. I've had offers of putting devices up in my tree. There
is telephone service (POTS) at the address.

Neighbors tell me that they pulled the DSL option as fiber was "coming
soon". I don't believe more than at least 2 years, by your response, is
considered soon.

I even tried to get the AT&T wireless system, but kept getting the run
around about not having a partner in my area. If you could assist in that
area, I'd be grateful.

All my neighbors are anxious to find out, as I have told them I am in
correspondence with AT&T, regarding Internet availability.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am in zip code 30114. AT&T offers fiber just above me in Cumming and below me in Woodstock GA. I was wondering if any plans soon for this area. I have DirecTV and AT&T wireless. Just moved here from Florida. Was using fiber in Florida and loved it. Now want it in Georgia as well. All that is offered in my area is Comcast Gigabit over old coax lines and it it horrible

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

6 years ago

Please bring Fiber to the Hilltop 43204!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How about 30110 waddell rd. Really need yall to hurry up out here. Been her for almost 2 year and have been told the hold time that they could not open new accounts because sometime in rhe future fiber was coming but its been 2 years please hurry up. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When is DSL or Fiber coming to my area? I'm in the new community  at Peachtree Creek Township neighborhood. Zip code is 30345. It's been almost 2 years, but nothing. Comcast has already been here and has taken everyone's business. Need AT&T if you would like some additional Revenue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Months ago (feels like 6+ months) AT&T rep knocked on my door and said they would be running the lines for fiber optic in my area. They said if we were to see work trucks in the area, not to worry, nothing is wrong, they were just running the lines and fiber optic would be here soon. I've been checking back every month now and still nothing. Any timeframe as to when it will be here? My zip is 70087.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

i live in a rich suburban neighborhood with nice houses and my area is heavily populated; michigan 48315 zipcode, problem is we have comcast and wow who both offer gig speeds but atnt only does dsl here adsl2+ im sure most of my neighbors would be thrilled at getting fiber and most wouldnt mind paying the 5 or 10 bucks more for a significantly better internet connection 

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

80+% will not receive FTTP by 2020

That is NOT an answer, it is more like a candidate running for an election making FALSE claims. I can make up numbers too. I asked the question almost 2 years ago and this is what you think is a suitable answer. I'm calling wave today.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

A decade ago, Verizon, AT&T and Google were rolling out next-generation 1000 Mbps fiber internet to homes across California. Today, despite promises of increased choice under deregulation, Google and Verizon have pulled out of the market and AT&T has focused its fiber buildout on only the highest-income neighborhoods.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m in Rogers Ranch/Salado Canyon which is north San Antonio (78258). We desperately need some high speed access to compet with those clowns at Spectrum. I see fiber is already quite close to us. When will you be expanding to our neighborhood?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.