Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Slow AT&T 1000 Internet speed problem

Slow AT&T 1000 Internet speed problem

Hi, 

I got AT&T 1000 Internet + U-Verse installed today but ran into some strange problem that the tech couldn’t figure out. My AT&T modem diagnostic speed test shows 945 up/ 975 down from ONT to modem but hardwired Ethernet from the modem to MacBook only gets 450 up/550 down and wifi 200 up/213 down. The tech left without solving the problem.  How do I solve this problem? 

Thank you 

B6429437-4262-4A2F-B6B2-4FAAF832629E.jpeg

Message 1 of 31
Contributor

Re: Slow AT

I bought a new cat 6 Ethernet, my drivers are all current and I’m lucky if I pull 20mbps.  I have a gamer so of course it’s built to handle these speeds. I get their advertised speed on my smartphone but why not on my gamer.  I just don’t understand what this problem is.  I certainly can’t game with speeds that low.  It’s lag city.  I’ve had 2 different techs come to my house and I still have this issue.  Nothing was ever resolved.  I don’t have the funds to spend to get any extra hardware to solve it especially since that’s not going to guarantee that I’ll get a better connection.  

Message 31 of 31
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support