Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Slow AT&T 1000 Internet speed problem

Slow AT&T 1000 Internet speed problem

Hi, 

I got AT&T 1000 Internet + U-Verse installed today but ran into some strange problem that the tech couldn’t figure out. My AT&T modem diagnostic speed test shows 945 up/ 975 down from ONT to modem but hardwired Ethernet from the modem to MacBook only gets 450 up/550 down and wifi 200 up/213 down. The tech left without solving the problem.  How do I solve this problem? 

Thank you 

B6429437-4262-4A2F-B6B2-4FAAF832629E.jpeg

Message 1 of 19
Scholar

Re: Slow AT

There is nothing wrong with those speeds. It's doubtful you'll ever actually see 1000 mbps. I used to get around 926, but am now down to around 300 wireless.  Gonna switch to the 300 plan and save some bucks.

Message 16 of 19
Tutor

i am getting the exact same results.i just got off the phone with AT&T and i had a guy tell me that computers arent capable of getting anything more than 400 download speed. It was so ridiculous that they have someone working there that actually thinks that.  

Message 17 of 19
Scholar

LOL, that's funny. Your computer, if a current model, plus the new
routers & modems are capable of much more than 1 GB.

Message 18 of 19
Tutor

The weird thing is that even when plugging the at&t modem directly into the box that the fiber comes into i am still only getting between 400-500. Sometimes my upload will be almost 900. I have another tech scheduled to come out but i am considering just cancelling that because i have no confidence in their ability to fix the problem

Message 19 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support