Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Netflix slow on Apple TV and AT&T Fiber

Teacher

Netflix slow on Apple TV and AT&T Fiber

I have a 3rd-gen Apple TV and just got AT&T Fiber installed.  The Apple TV is connected with a CAT6 cable directly to the AT&T router/modem.  I've tried different cables as well.  This was the same cable that the Apple TV was connected to my old Comcast ISP with.  Since getting Fiber, I'm having an issue with Netflix, but *just* Netflix.  Hulu loads fine, iTunes movies load fine, but Netflix takes forever.  I've tried adding the Apple TV to the DMZ on the router settings, I've tried creating a specific profile opening just the ports the Apple TV uses, but nothing helps.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Why is only the Netflix app on my Apple TV having problems with the new AT&T Fiber ISP?  Worked perfectly with Comcast.

Message 1 of 3
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by skipkelly
‎12-26-2016 11:26 AM

Re: Netflix slow on Apple TV and AT&T Fiber

Hello @skipkelly

Make sure that IPv6 is disabled in the modem. It's been causing issues as its not fully functional. I went ahead and disabled it on our end for your line, just make sure its disabled in the modem and reboot it. Then try it again!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: Netflix slow on Apple TV and AT&T Fiber

...aaaaaaand solved.  Thanks for that.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support