Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
RobinSoe's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 6th, 2017 12:02 PM

Is fiber optic cable being installed in on our street?

Myself and several dozen neighbors came home to colorful flags in our yards this afternoon and no notice/information concerning who had been in our yards and why.
I've called our utility companies, 811, and the Indianapolis Mayor's Action line and there are no requests/projects listed for our area on record.
A neighbor south of me reported being told that ATT was installing fiber optic cable when she discovered a worker tramping around her backyard, unannounced - they do not use ATT.

How do we find out if this is the reason for he flag markers and, if so, why have we not reduced notification and why weren't we asked permission before entering our properties as I was advised should happe by everyone I contacted?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

If it is don't upgrade and if you can change providers.  We upgraded last November they lied to us about extending our agreement, screwed up our billing and they have major problems with the service that they apparently have no fix for other than selling you wifi extenders.  Don't make the mistake.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Fiber optic cable was installed in my subdivision this week the front yards in my neighborhood were destroyed.  People lawns were dug up and grass set aside for 3-4 days which is now burned and ruined.  

I come home today, and see wires still sticking out the ground in my yard amd my grass ruined.  Then I come inside to login for work and find out my cable and internet is not connecting. My son said it has been out since they started working around 9 am.  I have did all the  troubleshooting through my cable company and nothing worked. All of my stuff was working fine until ATT's contractors came to install this wire.  How do I do out who to call to get this fixed? I do not want to pay a service call for something they damaged. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Fiber optic cable is being installed in my subdivision and has been for almost 2 weeks.   The issue is that the large piece of machinery is in my back yard, and has destroyed my lawn.   The installers were here on Monday and tried to start this piece of machinery and it wouldn't start so they proceeded to pull their F350 dually Ford truck onto my lawn to "jump" it.   This went on for 3 hours to which they left and the machine is still there.   I would like to know who and when ATT will be providing for my lawn care that they have now destroyed.  No one bothered to ask me whether this was permissible - quite frankly, it is trespassing since I didn't give you permission to place your machine on my property.  It is not imperative that you be IN my yard to install your services - there is an additional 30 feet of land that is called an "easement" that I could care less whether it gets destroyed and would work for ATT to install.   My lawn on the other hand is mine and I don't appreciate the lack of consideration ATT and their contractors have for homeowners.     

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

And so what happens when there was digging - and your machinery is on my property and no hangtags were left on my door.  Your crap is still in my yard and destroying it.  If it is not removed within the next 24 hours, I will be filing a police report for trespassing. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I don't thinks o sir I noticed the wired is mostly messing

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Mr kudos most likely we need a technician to come out here plz

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.