Installation for newly built house

Tutor

Installation for newly built house

We are interested in gigapower but have a newer built house. We have never had phone service. Can we still get gigapower? If so, what would be required to get gigapower service. Will there have to be holes drilled on house? Is there an extra fee for our specific situation?

thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (940 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wtandct
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Installation for newly built house

First do you live in Austin? Currently the only area with gigapower
http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp

Need fiber in neighborhood already in place, an ONT would be mounted onside of house, holes for power supply and ethernet cable run to RG location.

Hopefully your builder has already prepared for this.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (931 Views)
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wtandct
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I've had Uverse for a few years since they started in Austin.  You will have some new holes, and hopefully CAT-5 cable run, as they did for me.  It should be pretty easy.  The installers are friendly and know what they are doing.  I'm in Clarksville area and was worried about them invading the home but they did a good job at instillation.  It's not the typical co-ax cable from Time Warner, but much more professional.  Plus if you have a few (two) rooms you don't want wired, they can wirelessly connect them!  

Message 3 of 6 (915 Views)
Tutor

Yes, we live in Austin. Thank You.

Message 4 of 6 (886 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Thanks!
Message 5 of 6 (885 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @Wtandct 

Were you able to find out if your area is covered? Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (821 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.