Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
johnnycash12's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, June 7th, 2014 5:12 PM

Install delayed with no ETA

Im a fool. I read these forums, and install delay stories, before I signed up, but I signed up anyway. 

- ordered giga power May 27th, appointment booked for June 7th 11am-1pm arrival

- june 6th, no confirmation or reminder email.

- June 7th, 9am, called and spoke to nice lady who confirmed my appointment

- June 7th 10:02am, call from 800-288-2020 installation is delayed with no eta (days/weeks/months)

So yes, I'm just here to whine, but also to provide a couple of pieces of feedback:

- send appointment reminders the day before via email

- you knew before the 7th that the install wasn't happening, surely, contact me sooner than 1 hour before

- fix your website. This morning i tried to confirm the install before calling at&t and the system couldnt find my order by email, order number, nor ban number.

- The whole "delayed with no eta" is crappy

I'm a fool! But still hoping that AT&T willhave some positive news soon.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @johnnycash12,

I am so sorry about the delays in your U-verse service. I will be glad to look into this for you and make sure we do everything possible to get your services up and running as soon as possible. We will send you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

A quick update, the Sunday (8th June) after the scheduled (Saturday) install, two utility guys came around and climbed the utility poles that go through my back yard and ran fiber on the poles. So looks promising, and the utility guys were nice. No word from AT&T by the following Thursday so I called to chase things, and a nice lady at AT&T put me on hold for a while while she got ahold of engineering. 

I have a new install appointment scheduled for 11am tomorrow (Tuesday 17th). So if this install goes well, then really the delay was only ~10 days. It just seems AT&T should provide more information about why the first install isn't happening, at the time, rather than leaving the customer wondering if its going to be a 30,60,90 day delay. In my case it looks like I'm one of the lucky ones and my install is probably happening tomorrow.

Thanks 🙂

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Nice install tech comes, runs fiber from poll, installs box on exterior of house. No light coming down the fiber. He explains he will have to leave as someone needs to check the other end.

Get a call from "AT&T resolutions" tonight and they say the install is delayed "with no eta."

Love it :-0

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

My third install attempt is sheculed for Monday (June 23rd). I'm thinking third time lucky, but I don't want to jinx it!

"We so excited"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello,

I am also experiencing VERY frustrating delays with "Facility Issues"  I've been givin the line about it being escalated to the engineering dept etc.  But at this point no one knows when I can get installation completed.  I have been forced to upgrade my Wireless data to the 15GB plan so I can at least watch Netflix through Roku etc.  

Can you please help?

Thanks!

Matt

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

The third installation came and went at 9am this morning without much progress it seems. Again, the install tech was pleasant and polite, but there was still no light at the fiber at the house, but apparently a port had been assigned, so there may be some other issue.

Apparently the tech raised an emergency ticket which should be attended to within 2 hours (but that was now 6 hours ago of course), but the tech on the 2nd install did the same thing, so I won't count my chickens yet.

No update from AT&T but later tonight I will get another call saying "Install delayed with no ETA"

To summarize:

- ordered giga power May 27th, appointment booked for June 7th 11am-1pm arrival

- june 6th, no confirmation or reminder email.

- June 7th, 9am, called and spoke to nice lady who confirmed my appointment

- June 7th 10:02am, call from 800-288-2020 installation is delayed with no eta (days/weeks/months)

- June 7th, find card from installer saying utility company will be coming soon.

- June 8th (sunday, wow) utiltity guys come and install fiber on the poles in my back yard and through my neighbors yard to the "Box"

- June 17th, second install attempt, installer installs box on exterior of house, runs fiber from poll to house, no light coming down the fiber. Raises emergency ticket, says will call be later, no word back

- June 23rd (today), third install attempt, new tech still has no light down the fiber, "Emergency ticket raise", no further word

Soon to be coming up to my 1 month ordering birthday, I'm planning to have some friends around for a BBQ, all other AT&T customers, install techs, and utility workers are welcome. As Internet isn't installed there wont be any wifi, so everyone can relax in a work free zone and sip some beers and enjoy some dogs! Also on the 10th install attempt I'm planning on renting a bounce house!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

A week since my last (3rd) install attempt and still no word about anything from AT&T. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Another week passed with my at&t fiber box feeling lonely on the side of my house, I just had grande out and they installed internet in 3 hours including running coax from the utility pole. 

I still want at&t giga power, but haven't heard anything from at&t. Presumably no signal to my house yet, even though the fiber/box/equipment has been installed for weeks.

my at&t box next to my new grande box; http://imgur.com/HFNQIzb

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

2017 and the story repeats... ordered in December, still waiting in February....  facility issues must be system wide.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

2019 and have the same issue, i just moved to new house in Austin,TX area, i created my order 2 weeks ago for fiber internet speed 300 and u-verse. 

My first appointment for installation scheduled Tuesday 01/29/2019 and the technician didn't show up, then after i contacted ATT customer service the excuse i was told that they don't have available port for my house and engineering team will work first out of my house, they rescheduled the installation for Tuesday 02/05/2019.

I checked my order 02/04/2019 and i found that the installation is delayed again and i have contact customer service for more information. I called and they said that team still working outside my house ( I work from home and i didn't see anyone from ATT work outside my house for last week) when i mentioned that on the call they told me that outside could be far from my house), they said no ETA for me and someone will call me 02/05/2019 to reschedule my service. and No One called me.

I chatted with customer service via live chat and they assured me that next Thursday 02/07/2019 will be final installation time. Following to that after 4 hours i received call from ATT saying that it couldn't be Thursday because they have back-orders for the needed equipment (Unbelievable).

I feel like customer service representatives not honest and i'm not getting the clear answer of what is going on and when that hassles will be done.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.