Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Availability of fiber in my area

Contributor

Availability of fiber in my area

I live in Soquel, California, United States. It says on the coverage map that fiber in my area is marked as "underway". What does this mean in terms of progress of installation in this area? How long can I expect until it is available?

Message 1 of 7
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTKevin
‎03-06-2019 9:54 AM

It means select neighborhoods will receive direct fiber upgrade....

By zip code could be anywhere from 5% to 35% of addresses.

Note not everyone will receive direct fiber. Seeing an ATT contractor installing fiber either aerial on poles or boring underground is the only indication your street would receive fiber. 

3 million addresses are being added each year including 2019 in the 21 state footprint... Or 4% per year addresses being upgraded. Over 10 million addresses were available end 2018.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

the fiber map on ATT shows fiber is available in columbus ohio but when i check availability it is not available. customer service for setting up new internet is not helpful and very pushy. is there a way to verify when fiber connection will be available in my area? 

Message 3 of 7

A far as I know the fiber buildout is done 80 percent of our city has it but the rest will not get it they will be still on dsl.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I have an optical terminal connected to ATT Fiber that is on a pole behind my house, it already has 2 output connections to the terminal. My question is why does ATT keep telling my that Fiber to the home is not available at my location when they just installed in into my neighbors house. 

Message 5 of 7
Employee

@rockw81106 

incorrect info in database....

call and request an address validation case be opened, provide your address, that of neighbors that can order service and the fiber terminal address....

normal response time can be 2 to 3 weeks before information validated and database updated.

Please try to enter the addresses of those that have the service to determine if says eligible or not.

note the address can sometimes be abbrivated for names such as lane (la), circle (cir), square (sq), blvd, etc that may not be a match for what your entering.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7

Is your house on the same side of the street? In other words is the orange
tag behind your house by the corning optical block.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support