Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Max991's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 27th, 2019 7:26 PM

How can I be notified of AT&T Fiber updates?

I'm moving to an area of Richardson where AT&T fiber is coming to. I'm told that the only speeds I can get when I move in are 6 mbps and 12 mbps. After being on ATT fiber am Im going to have to wait and switch providers when I move or is there a place I get in contact with updates on my new neighborhood?

Scholar

• 

128 Messages

4 years ago

HA, good luck with the black abyss  I mean notify me link...I've filled out so many times, never a reply.  ATT begin laying Fiber ALL around me I got excited....then they stopped TWO houses from me.  The contractors laying it said that was the end of the road for it.  I have a friend in ATT Network operations center...that was on that project, he too verified that is where they would stop with NO plans to go further. (this was 3-4 YEARS ago) He suspects this is because ATT is going to focus on 5G cellular and get that going a 1 gig then you'd get like a cellular router at your house...ta daa 1 gig internet.  Again that was 3+ years ago, now he says that 5G thing for home internet is "its coming" for a LONG time but no new news.  Think of the money ATT would save, No RT (Huge underground rooms with 1000' of cards etc) No VRAD (aka cross box a refrigerator sized box you see around neighborhoods) an NO laying fiber.  I just wish they'd do it! Whats the hold up!!! Verizons had 1 gig fiber for almost two DECADES here in Dallas. (I can't get verizon)  Two decades in the tech world is 3+ life times. So I was stuck with 75 meg Uverse, which 5 years ago...eh? so so.  I finally switched to Cable internet...YUCK.  its 1gig.  Cable's speed is NOT static, but on a BAD BAD day, 750 meg is 10 times better than 75 meg.

so! you click that notify me link!! The check is in the mail, I'm here from the IRS to help! and I think we all know the third lie.  Thats just poor poor poor work ATT....prove me wrong - James Anning in Dallas, Texas

Scholar

• 

128 Messages

4 years ago

Solved?  more like "skirt the issue"

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.